Newbie from the Cotswolds

On Sunday I had a long trip over to Colchester in Essex to see a 197 in the flesh for the first time. Weirdly half an hour before arriving I actually got the first glimpse of a red one on the A12. Reg was EXS I think, anyone on here? We were the ones in my brothers girlfriends 595 Abarth if you are! Looked a cracking motor.

Anyway I ended up buying and am over the moon with it. Coming from the DC5 I really didn't know what to expect but I must say that it has exceeded my expectations. The handling and gearbox is much tighter and precise than I expected and it is a really fun car to drive!

It's completely standard (bar some RS stickers which I will probably remove) and other than a few tweaks here and there is mostly how it will stay. I already have the detailing bug from the DC5 and the paintwork is in fantastic condition so I'm looking forward to getting the DA out when the weather picks up a bit.

A couple pics from the ad. Not had chance to get out and take any back at home yet:

media_zpsccbl3ney.jpg

media%204_zps5ajisr1s.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Congrats Scott. Looks excellent and if you enjoy detailing you've bought the right colour! They always look superb in black.

Glad you're getting a kick out of the ownership already! Hope she treats you well mate.

Congratulations, Scott! It looks very nice indeed. Are the tips on the exhaust just cosmetic, the exhaust is the standard one?

Reactions: Scottj15
Thanks everyone :thumb:

Congratulations, Scott! It looks very nice indeed. Are the tips on the exhaust just cosmetic, the exhaust is the standard one?

Cheers Jimmy. I'm not entirely sure to be honest and hadn't even noticed the tips were different being new to the cars! Hoping to have a proper nosey at it at the weekend to see if I can see any badging etc. It defiantly sounds standard.

Thanks everyone :thumb:

Cheers Jimmy. I'm not entirely sure to be honest and hadn't even noticed the tips were different being new to the cars! Hoping to have a proper nosey at it at the weekend to see if I can see any badging etc. It defiantly sounds standard.

The tips are a popular mod on the standard exhaust on the 197 - the slightly hidden, slash-cut tips aren't always to everyone's taste, hence the upgrade :wink:

Reactions: Scottj15

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4