Newbie from Hertfordshire

Hi all, Just joined Clio197.net after picking up my 08 plate 197(Metallic silver):thumbup1:. Very happy with finding this great looking car, just hoping it doesn't cause me too much trouble!
Got it booked in for Tracking 4 wheel alignment this week as I noticed that it's pulling left alot, which from reading the post on here is a common characteristic of the car's sensitivity to camber, but think it might be a bit more than just camber off setting it. We shall see...

Quick question on the Gearbox I wonder if anyone has an answer to. I know the early versions had issues with the boxes and some were replaced under warranty, does anyone have the part numbers of the original fitted version and replacement box? I forgot to check this out with the dealer and might ask if it has been replaced before. I have taken out the extended Premier plus warranty for a year so hopefully that would cover it.

Thanks guys

Hey man. Yeah I am a new owner too, and also immediately noticed how it was pulling left on a slight camber.
Luckily it's not all the time, but the car does seem very camber sensitive as you said. Glad it's not just me!

:welcome: to the site.

If you think its camber sensitive now, try putting spacers on it! It'll sniff out even half a degree of camber :smiley:

:welcome: to the site.

Ane easy way of checking box is to see what the revs are at 70MPH

Theres a gearbox thread in here somewere, tells you the different speeds.

The issues with the boxes were the short ratios which went high reving on the motorway, the box was changed late 2007 (57reg) but anyone how had a clio before then could get there box changed under warrenty, your being an 08reg means you have got the revised box from factory.

The issues with the boxes were the short ratios which went high reving on the motorway, the box was changed late 2007 (57reg) but anyone how had a clio before then could get there box changed under warrenty, your being an 08reg means you have got the revised box from factory.

Mines a 08 reg and the dealer I bought it off said that it had the problem and they sourced an outside garage to fix it.

Odd

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
R Clio 197 Area 6