Newbie - finally got one...

Excellent stuff! Thank you for posting the photos up, that is a very nice collection!! Hopefully the 197 will tick the boxes, it's up against some strong competition :smiley:

The Lambo would "do me" just nicely. For the noise alone to be fair !!

Al soft-tops i see...... This a recurring trend ?

The Lambo would "do me" just nicely. For the noise alone to be fair !!

Al soft-tops i see...... This a recurring trend ?

I like the option of having the roof down for the one or two days of sun we do get every year haha! My first Ferrari was a 360 but that wasn't a convertible. It was an awesome car but on the odd day when the sun was out I used to think it would be nice to have the top down. I started buying soft tops after that :smile:

So I've finally picked up a 197 a few days ago. Black on an 07 plate, totally standard other than Recaro seats which I'm starting to dislike (getting in and out of them is a pain in the ass) :tongueout:inky::d
I painted the wheels gloss black as they needed a repaint lol but I'm looking to lower it and possibly change the wheels altogether for a set of 18" Bola B10's. I'll post some pics up shortly but I'm sure you guys don't need to see a bog standard black 197 lol.

If your recaros are in good nick, and you don't like them, a lot of people are usually interested in swapping from standard and cash your way!

Good to hear you've found one! We always like photos of cars, standard or not :thumbup1:

The Recaros can go for anything up to £1,000, depending on condition (minus some if you're having standard in return).

They are tricky to get in and out of, but there is a knack to it, especially if you want to avoid wearing the bolsters! Surely it should be easy for someone who's used to getting in and out of supercars :wink:

Good to hear you've found one! We always like photos of cars, standard or not :thumbup1:

The Recaros can go for anything up to £1,000, depending on condition (minus some if you're having standard in return).

They are tricky to get in and out of, but there is a knack to it, especially if you want to avoid wearing the bolsters! Surely it should be easy for someone who's used to getting in and out of supercars :wink:
You would think lol! These Recaro's have such a high bolster where as my other cars don't. What's the trick to getting in and out of them then bud?

hmmm..about a £10 :innocent:
dibbs
Mate, I'd be robbing you! :rofl:

Well Jimmy weighs about 6st so he just swings in like a chimp holding the roof :bounce1:

lucky bugger right Chris :rofl:

What's the trick then guys? My fat ass is going to ruin the side bolster haha!

As 'hilarious' :glare: as these guys are, they aren't far wrong to be honest.... :lol: I grab the A-pillar, one hand on the steering wheel and swing in over the bolster. It's worked well so far, although clearly it has its downsides.....:001_rolleyes:

200.gif

Don't forget us forum guys have a knack for splitting our trousers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
R Clio 197 Area 6