Newbie - finally got one...

I ended up not buying the car. It looked amazing but it had an oil leak across the from of the engine and upon doing a hpi check there was a mileage discrepancy which put me off the car. It's a shame as I actually fell in love with car as soon as I saw it :-(

well buying a new-ish car is always a tricky business.but dont rush it and wait for your dream car..something will come along:coffee:

Absolutely sound advice there from [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION]. There will always be another so bide your time and you were smart to do a comprehensive check on the vehicle first. The right one will come along shortly I'm sure.

Shame it wasn't the right one in the end, however things happen for a reason as they say :smile: a better one will come along.

I ended up not buying the car. It looked amazing but it had an oil leak across the from of the engine and upon doing a hpi check there was a mileage discrepancy which put me off the car. It's a shame as I actually fell in love with car as soon as I saw it :-(

There is a very common leak on the top of the block, just to the left hand side, crappy gasket that needs some sealant under it then it's fine. But mileage discrepancy fair enough!!

Cheers lads. I also realise that I'd be the 10th owner on the car! Is high ownership common with these cars?

I suppose it would be like with any car to be honest - some will have had more owners than others. It begs the question 'why', if a car has had a lot of owners, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. If each owner has had it serviced at the right times then it's no different to a low owners car.

as Jimmy said..wonder why there's been 10 owners since new...bare in mind that every owner has their own driving style which will put diff stress on diff parts if you know what i mean...not a great thing in my opinion...

Last edited:
10??? Bloody hell lol!!
Wouldn't touch a Clio with that many owners even with someone else holding the bargepole! Something like a C63 I can understand as people tend to play down the running costs because they simply want to own one for a short while. But a Clio isn't in the same league for running costs so I'd say you dodged a bullet there.

10??? Bloody hell lol!!

Haha!! That's what I thought when I found out. I own a few Supercars and some of them tend to have high ownership but that's purely because people like them for summer and then move them on in Autumn etc. I didn't think this was the case for this car lol.

Lol! There's my Gallardo and my F430. I've just sold my California a few months ago.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 57
Omg lol!!

Very jealous! Why a clio??
I need a daily run about. I had a Clio 182 many years ago and it was fun so I'm thinking a 197 might be similar. I get bored easily and change my daily run around a lot but don't want to spend big money on a daily that's not going to be much fun and will depreciate a lot when I get bored of it in 6 months time lol.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
R Clio 197 Area 6