Newbie - finally got one...

Hi guys.
Just a quick hi to introduce myself. I'm picking up my glacier white 197 today, looking forward to it :smile:
I've added a couple of pictures of the car I'm buying. It's a 197 cup and already has a few mods ie, an RS 200 diffuser, Recaro bucket seats, a scorpion straight through exhaust linked up to a toyosports 421 decatted manifold. The car is on a 57 plate and the last letters of the number plate are YLJ and its in Hinkley, does anyone know the car?

A.J

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Gearboxes can be problematic. Always worth changing the gearbox oil and bleeding the clutch before thinking a gearbox has synchro issues

has it been remapped to make the most of the exhaust / manifold ?

I'm not sure bud. He hasn't mentioned that it's been mapped. I guess there's no way of knowing unless I get it checked?

:welcome:

as above..change your box oil and bleed the clutch before panicking :tongueout:anic:

Thanks guys :smile: It was a choice between this 197 cup or a golf gti turbo. I'm thinking I made the right choice even though the Clio is more expensive :smile:

Welcome along!

No gearbox problem was 'sorted' after 2007... They slightly tweaked the gearbox on the 200s but there were still problems with some of them. Its just pot lock wether you get a bad one..

Welcome along!

No gearbox problem was 'sorted' after 2007... They slightly tweaked the gearbox on the 200s but there were still problems with some of them. Its just pot lock wether you get a bad one..

the gearbox problem was never sorted. plenty of 200's with busted synchro's. good maintenance helps.
welcome A.J .

the gearbox problem was never sorted. plenty of 200's with busted synchro's. good maintenance helps.
welcome A.J .

I didn't say it was sorted? I said they revised it on the 200s but they were still problems with some of them. Or have I misread that??

I didn't say it was sorted? I said they revised it on the 200s but they were still problems with some of them. Or have I misread that??

do you mean, misread your own post?
well, looks like i did ... i read : "no, gearbox problem was 'sorted' after 2007." ... in stead of : "no gearbox problem was 'sorted' after 2007."

my sincerest apologies. no need to get excited, chris.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
R Clio 197 Area 6