New to this site..

Ha im on the case searching ph n trader for em now :smiley: Black and nimbus i like ha even though i didnt like black i just seen some pics and wow! Defo dont want Liquid Yellow but was there any other colours for the R27 as alot of other people have said it does seem to be the best bet as get toys n cup chassis and i want one with the cup spoiler too. Posted on the general section for some help finding black decal pictures as cannot for love or money find any! Simoxmino nimbus one though looks so sexy!

These are the door ones (not a very good pic):
20090907001.jpg

2008Nov04003.jpg

20090820015.jpg

This pic shows roof and door ones, also front bumper:
20090424005.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

Thank you very much! I like them on the Grey colour cars as it its not so loud n black the look nice when roof one removed so if i get an R27 i think will be a nimbus i think was the proper name ha

:welcome: to the site mate :smile:

106 eh? You and I have similar past vehicles (I say similar because Suki Saxo was a VTS and a Saxo not a GTI lol) :smile::smile:

Wanted advert placed on the forum now! ha thought worth a go! Ha i loved my 106 gtis had two of em :smile: They wernt very standard though ha. But to get the power i was looking for out of one i was looking at a total of £7000 oh and then have to buy the car aswell ha finding good condition gtis is erm hard in polite words ha. Yeah simos nimbus looks amazing i mean yeah the skill of photography defo help hes very good!

If you see a 197 and you are not sure which model it is there are a couple of tell tale signs from a quick look.

Cup models don't have painted exterior plastics, have Cup or the door and don't have many creature comforts.

The standard 197 or FF has toys and painted exterior plastics and satin door handles.

A 197 FF with the Cup chasis will have as the above but will have red brake calipers and grey alloys (as well as the suspension etc.).

An R27 is the same as the 197 FF with the Cup chassis, but has stickers (whether they are all over or just on the bumpers) and a numbered plaque inside.

You might want to look for a car with the optional Projector or Xenons headlights, which changes the surround colour from the standard chrome to grey. They are only available on the FF an R27 though. Personally I think it improves the look of the car, which is why I only looked at those with them fitted.

my outlook or advice is get the car u can afford and then save up for some decent track mods. cup pack is a waste id spend money on coilis . . . . i realised that too late lol. oh the calipers can be painted red very easily to so ive heard. u can eve have em powder coated for £30 a caliper.
xenons are a must they add class to the car and definately turn heads. they are purple from a distance and look mean as funch.
interior has to be recaros again they are a sought after thing and add re sale value. AC i never use thats what windows are for and who wants less MPG than 22 anyways lol other than that the world is ure oyster there are so many parts available now you honestly can make a 197 a real track demon.
let us know how u get on.

As Woody has rightly pointed out most of the your sought after things like the calipers and suspension can be done yourself (if you are into that sort of thing) so I wouldn't worry too much about getting everything spot on straight away. It gives something to work towards and keeps it interesting!

My personal preference is to have the Recaros as it adds to resale and they are soooo supportive, also looks the nuts when it is parked up! Xenons are the one thing I would want on mine if I had been speccing it up myself. Colour is personal choice - but IMO Renault haven't done a bad colour for the 197 or 200 so you are pretty safe that way!

Dont worry about Woodys 22mpg as you can see from his signature its not exactly 'standard' lol!

Oh and welcome to the site mate!

:welcome:

Hi mate I have a 56 plate 197 with all the extras, push start, xenons, double sunroof, electric mirrors, tints and it's black the only thing I don't have is the recaros which are lovely, wish I had those and the cup chassis, I picked it up from renaults with 12000 miles on it for 12500 but I think it was a one off deal, it arrived on a lorry when I was there and bought it straight away, I do 40 plus miles a day and it's really comfy, not sure if I would like a cup chassis for every day use.
But definately get one they are awesome

Awesome i feel as if im double posting here erm i will post now on the wanted forum section as i feel as if ive been welcomed as a newbie already ha :smiley: