New to Clio200 ownership

Morning All,
I bought a high mileage 2010 clio200 on a bit of a whim. oops.

Gearbox and Cam plus waterpump were done as part of the purchase so hopefully these are OK.
I had ABP Motorsport testdrive and look at the drivetrain etc. They think it is ok given mileage etc.

I have a couple of issues:
1) Clutch: this is the hardest car to drive at normal speeds smoothly! Is this normal or is my clutch ready for replacement?
Matching engine speeds during gearchanges is a learning experience. Any advice here would be welcome! Perhaps I am crap at tootling around.

2) Steering knock during low speed changes in direction, i.e. parking manoeuvers. Is it because this car is French?

3) Steering wheel needs re-trimming or replacing. Any suggestions?

4) A small oil leak on the Drivers side of the engine. Will anyone know where to look for the source?
attachment.php

5) The car has a reasonable specification with both the Nav and the Bose(?)/Blaupunt(?) head unit with bluetooth hands-free.
Unfortunately, the only display I can get out of the Nav is as per the photo below. It was like this when I bought it.
I have purchased a "new" SD map card and still get the same result. I have carried out all of the instructions on the tomtom site, however no progress has been made.
Before I bin this whole system, does anyone have any suggestions?
attachment.php

Does anyone have the same system with a little experience?
I have been entertained by the fuse layout for the infotainment as the picture below:
attachment.php

If anyone can suggest help or specific threads where questions such as these have been dealt with I would be most appreciative.
Thank you for reading.

Attachments

• oil leak.jpg
    oil leak.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 97
  • nav and bose.jpg
    nav and bose.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 97
  • fuse.JPG
    fuse.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 97
Welcome to the forum.

Never has an issue driving mine in low speeds, is this all the time or just when cold, they can be lumpy when cold.
The knock could be ball joints, these are fairly common to go on these cars. Plenty of threads aboutit, generally it squeaks though, but it does happen at low speeds.
Steering wheel very common, we have a trader that does retrimming.
Thats a common leak, believe theres a how to on this, need to be a paid member to see that forum though.
No idea on nav.

Was thisbought privately? If you bought it via a dealer they should be sorting a lot of these issues out.

:welcome: along..
you might want to change gearbox oil and have your slave cylinder bled..it may help with your issue..
the oil leak is normal but can be resolved..sure there are a few threads on here about this...
you will get an access to all the sections here by becoming a paid member..hope it helps
the knock might be caused by damaged or worn top mounts too...

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply.
ABP said sit on the knocking noise since it is only during parking. I'll get it looked at during the next service.
I burned the dealer a bit. After the gearbox and Cam were taken out, I paid £4600 for a 2010 plate.
I'd rather do a lot of the things myself rather than hand back to the dealer, besides it's not worth me driving the distance.

I think the Nav and headunit are going to be replaced with a Sony and Ipad Mini. Currently WIP but we'll see.

[MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION]
Thank you sir! I'm not that far from you in Nantwich, Cheshire. I'll cough up some pennies soon and have a look.
As for the slave cylinder and top mounts, they can go on the stripdown.

no worries..know what its like driving about with an annoying knock or rattle,dont i Chris?? :rofl: