New t.v.

Evening everybody.

Now I'm after a new tele and before Christmas had my eye on a 42" Panasonic G20 plasma, had stonking reviews, 1080p, neo pdp screen, 600hz and a 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio, however I'm now having trouble getting one for decent money (especially as it's no relatively old) and so have started looking about at newer stuff but the world of new teles is a mine field.

So my question is can anyone recommend anything? I've been looking at the Panasonic gt20 (42") but not really sold on the whole 3d thing and I'm a little concerned that I'll just be chucking money away on a bit of gimmick

The new panasonic plasmas are better than the old ones, 3D is just a bonus (You don't have to use it). These are still the best TVs on the market picture quality wise.

The one to get is the VT30 which is due any time now, possibly avaiable now in 42"

I am a Sony fan and the tv I currently have was cutting edge when I got it and the picture quality still shows up most modern ones. Best thing to do is get to a store and compare them, then buy off the web at the lowest price possible!

I currently have a 50" LG plasma and the quality is amazing....however after visiting the gadget show and seeing the new upcoming range of passive 3D led lcds, I'm gonna hold out until next month when they are being released. They were amazing when we were demo'ing them.

Some of the LCD with LED backlight ones in the stores now look amazing! And I can't believe how slim they are, they look like it shouldn't be possible!

We're also in the Market for a tv, we were set on led for the picture but want at least a 50 which turns unto big money.

What us passive 3d then? And I assume it's not worth committing now??

I'm clueless when it comes to tech.........