New Mobile Phone????

Im due a new phone end of September....always had Nokia is easy to use so wondering what was new out there and what others have got and how do they rate them. Needs to have a reasonable camera last was 3.2megapixel, and dont listen to music on it so not fussed about all that....is must though be durable!

Cheers Hughsie

Steer clear of the N97, not very durable at all. Gadget show rated 3 out of 5 ! Nokia 5800 not bad but music orientated, I am well happy with my HTC Magic on Vodafone. I think Orange also have a range of HTC phones, uses Google Android operating system, well worth a look.

I got an LG Viewty Smart or GC900 the other week and it's great. Well if you like complete touch screen phones that is. Has an 8mp camera on it too, although I'll admit it doesn't take the most clear photos.

Pretty smart phone all in all though.

I previously had the 6500 slide. It had to go back for repair as it kept locking up, it also kept dropping in and out of reception too, although it was on 3mobile :lol:

I need a new contract in the next few weeks, not sure what phone to go for myself. I'm thinking either the samsung tocco ultra or the samsung jet.
I was looking at the new i phone but nearly spat my coffee out when I saw how much they were

hey hughsie, i got a Sony Ericsson w995 a couple of weeks ago and it has really impressed me it has an 8.1 megapixel camera and gps its on orange and £25/mth with unlimited texts 400mins and 500mb/mth of web access. all in all a pretty good deal

do you web browse?, email on the move?, prefer camera over everything else? need wifi? etc etc etc

So many choices

Sony is a decent camea, just a bit samey (as in same as every other phone they do)

Yeah they are similar, I haven't ever had a porblem with them so i keep going back. for me it comes down to the old saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.' its got some great additions too, the GPS and trainer have been really good out and about, but as you say its down to preference

richandgem said:
I need a new contract in the next few weeks, not sure what phone to go for myself. I'm thinking either the samsung tocco ultra or the samsung jet.
I was looking at the new i phone but nearly spat my coffee out when I saw how much they were

NOOOO dont upgrade to one of them silly Samsung touch screen phones they are terrible I had the tocco ultra and trying to text with it is pathetic and because I upgraded through the orange store theres no return policy so I sold it to mazuma mobile for £100 lol

So one bit of advice from me is if your upgrading your phone do it over the phone that way you have a 10 day return policy (covered by the sale of goods without viewing european act thingy) :wink: by all means try out the tocco ulta if your upgrade over the phone as you can change it but it wasnt for me.

my brother has had loads of problems with his sony ericsson. It keeps switching itself off and locking up. Been back to be 'repaired' 5 times since last October

NOOOO dont upgrade to one of them silly Samsung touch screen phones they are terrible I had the tocco ultra and trying to text with it is pathetic and because I upgraded through the orange store theres no return policy so I sold it to mazuma mobile for £100 lol

+1

Completely agree. I got a Samsung touch screen phone, just couldn't get on with it, so hard to use! Eventually sold it a mate for £20...i wanted rid of it that bad!

I'm a massive Sony Ericsson fan so i'd say look at their new one thats just come out.

wait for the new nokia n900, they're not using synbian(how ever you spell it) any more, there using maemo. its getting good ratings already, looks really nice and the user interface looks very good.
tbh either iphone or blackberry seem to be the best handsets at mo. ive got a blackberry bold and am very very happy with it, but will get the nokia when it comes out.
btw my mate has the satio and i think its awful and it reminds me of the lg viewty, the touch screen is slow and the menu system looks just like the nokia 5800.

Last edited:
I got a samsung Pixon 2 months ago and tbh it was a rubbish phone.. The samsung touch screen was terrible and worked on pressure rather than heat so every time i took it out my pocket it was somehow unlocked and searching the web or my messages inbox would be open! Could never just forget about it i always found myself pulling out of my pocket and checking it to make sure i hadnt accidently dialed somebody!! I took out a contract with orange for a i phone last week and its just amazing, the amount of aps and veriety is brilliant i get unlimited internet, 500text, 600mins £35/month theres a app for anything!! Get a i phone you wont regret it! :smile: