Dave W

Paid Member
Hello all,
I'm Dave and I'm currently looking for a 197 to become my next road car and occasional Hillclimb racer.
I used to run an MX5 on the Midland hills and won the B Licence Championship in 15&16 but moving up to the A licence's this year, the poor old thing is getting beat every time.
I know the 182's are probably a better option but I just love the look of 197s and it will be my daily drive as well so I need to live with it!

My perfect car is a Liquid Yellow R27 but the couple on the market at present are either rough or higher miles than I want, so it's a case of just looking around.

Anyway, I hope to be here for a few years as I develop the car into what suits me best on the hills so I'm looking forward to chatting with you.

Cheers
Dave

Welcome to the Family Dave another youngster on board it's only a fiver to join gives you full access bud but any questions please ask.

Welcome Dave, best of luck with the search. Just bear in mind an R27 is just a FF Cup with some stickers. Very nice they are too though!

:wink:

Welcome to the forum, Dave! Agreed with you on the looks of the 197, they are a lot more aggressive than a 182! Good luck with the search, I hope the forum is useful for you.

Welcome to the club. Good luck in finding the right car. Looking forward to seeing how you progress with the car once you have it.:silverdiamond:
If you're wondering what the diamond thing is all about there's been a bit of banter going on here with a campaign to ban black diamond badges.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I’m pleased to say that after a bit of patience, I’ve managed to find the right car for me and I’m now the new owner of a black R27 114/500.
She’s pretty scruffy but I’ll get some pictures up next weekend in good daylight and then keep you all posted with updates as they progress.
And yes, she’s got silver badges...

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I’m pleased to say that after a bit of patience, I’ve managed to find the right car for me and I’m now the new owner of a black R27 114/500.
She’s pretty scruffy but I’ll get some pictures up next weekend in good daylight and then keep you all posted with updates as they progress.
And yes, she’s got silver badges...

Congrats :smile:

If you need any help don't be afraid to shout!

Reactions: Pav
Congrats on finding one, glad it's an F1 too! Seem to be a few more coming over onto here recently!

Welcome to the forum! :french:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1
RhysThomass New Members 0