New member who needs some help!

Hi guys, nice to meet you all. New lad here from the Derby/Loughborough area looking forward to owning a 200.

Used to have 1.4 ph2 clio when I was 17, and then that got swapped for 56 sea grey zetec-s when I was 18 and now I've sold that and I'm looking to getting myself firmly into a 200 :tongueout:roud:

I've been a viewer of the forum for a few months now while I've been searching for a 200. I'm just about to buy (hopefully) but I need a quick bit of help.

I read the guide for buying a 197/200, specifically the part about the colour coding of the cup springs. I went to view a FF albi 200 with cup chassis (red brembos/anthracite alloys) and I had a peek at the springs but I found it really difficult to notice where the colour coded parts are, they seemed predominantly black to me? :blink:

I'm dead close to buying now but I really want to be dead cert that I've got the right springs on the right car so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with where exactly on the springs I should be looking for the colour coding or could upload some photos of exactly where the colour coding is and what it looks like?

Any help anyone can give me would be massively appreciated. Can't wait to purchase so I can get on with looking after the car.

Thanks all.

Here's my dirty cup spring from my R27.

You're looking for something like that
20121014115831.jpg

Thanks for uploading the photo.

The dealer is quite far away so I might see if I can get them to send me a photo and I'll have to look for the colour coding on the springs.

So I take it the blue and orange dabs of paint are just put on in some position on the springs. I'll just have to have a keen eye when I'm looking!

:welcome: to the site.

If the car has the red calipers/antracite wheels you've a good chance of it being correct but no harm in checking.

Or buy a cup to be sure :smiley:

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah I'm just going to try and get a peek of the orange/blue to put my mind at ease!

Haha I could get a cup but I'd miss out on the oh-so-lush interior of the FF! :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for all the welcomes and advice everyone, in the process of getting pictures of the springs sent from the dealer to me, hopefully will all go as hoped!

Thanks for the hellos and welcomes everyone, really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Just had this picture back from the dealers, can see the orange/blue markings on the dampers rather than the spring, this look good to you lot?

20121018_165231_zpsbf6b886d.jpg

Let me know what you think as I'm getting serious about this one!

Also it's a 59 and has been serviced at 2009, 2010 and 2012, this sound about right?

Thanks again all for the help.

Alain

It's such a ball ache when the car is so far away! Is it probably difficult to see the colour coding without actually getting the car on a ramp and getting the wheel off to get a good look at the springs?

I might just go up and risk it, it seems most 200s have cup upgrade and I don't think anyone would go to the effort of spraying their alloys and brembos on a 200 - it would cost almost as much as the cup upgrade!

Edit registered 2009, serviced 2010, 2011 and will be serviced on purchase.

Thanks again for all the help.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1
Cal New Members 5