New member (Ordered a Clio 200 Cup)

N0ddie

Platinum Member
New to the forum (Just signed up today so first post here).

My fiance and I ordered our new Clio Cup a few weeks ago. Was initially told to expect delivery by the end of December but now been informed by the dealer that its gonna be late January/early February now. Test drove one they had in the showroom and we were blown away. I had a Corsa VXR (I thought that handled well), the 200 Cup though is in a different league (Imo of course).

We decided to go with the Cup as we never use the air con in our current cars and after looking at the price lists, your actually cheaper to buy a Cup and add stuff onto it, as opposed to buying a normal 200 and "Cupping" that.

So now we just gotta wait 3 months for the delivery date to arrive. Oh! We have a Twingo 133 at the mo. Tis a fun little car to.

Also, does anyone have any links to good videos of the Clio on track? I've watched the ones on youtube to death lol.

welcome to the site, get some pics up of the Twingo :smile:

Heres a pic of it next to the 200 we tested:

065.jpg

After a wee wash:

DSC00208_edited.jpg

Next to the only other Twingo I have ever seen:

IMG_0128.jpg

The Twingo is in the bodyshop at the mo having its passenger side panels replaced as a muppet on a roundabout drove into the side of her.

I have a Corsa SRi (Diesel), the Twingo is technically the wifes:

IMG_0089.jpg

hi and welcome to the site,

you will absolutely love the cup,

i hope the short-ish wait dont get you down to much.

hi and welcome to the site,

you will absolutely love the cup,

i hope the short-ish wait dont get you down to much.

I cannot wait tbh. The trickle of vids on youtube keeps me tiding over.

A question for you guys. Do Renault always send you free trackday for buying one of their RS cars? The reason I ask is cause the sent us one a few weeks after we picked up the Twingo.

welcome to the site noddie.

what colour and spec 200.?

We went for the Cup model. In white with the Recaro seats. Was gonna get it in Alien green but once the wife seen the white in the flesh, she wanted that.

Also just keeping with the standard anthracite wheels. I dont think the optional wheels add anything to the car. Just our preference really.

Welcome mate! Good choice going from the VXR to a 200 :wink:.

I love the look of the Twingo's they just look like so much fun! lol!

Welcome mate! Good choice going from the VXR to a 200 :wink:.

I love the look of the Twingo's they just look like so much fun! lol!

I sold the VXR bout 9 months ago. Had various problems (Needed a new turbo after 17k, new boost solenoids etc.) so traded it in for something a little more economical (Corsa SRi Diesel).

We're keeping the Corsa (As I do over 400 miles a week) so the diesel is the sensible option. The Twingo will be traded in against the 200.

Oh! And the Twingo is a riot. I love it.

What colour bumper centre you gone for.?

Is the SRi a VXR rep or is that how they come.? Any pics from the front.?

What colour bumper centre you gone for.?

Is the SRi a VXR rep or is that how they come.? Any pics from the front.?

They dont come like this. I have changed quite a lot on it. Its a VXR rear bumper with a modified diffuser to suit my normal exhaust exit. The front is standard SRi but for the Cupra R splitter:

IMG_0094.jpg

We are getting the black colour bumper centre. Think it looks the best.

yeah the black does look the best on white:smile: welcome anyway matey shame about the wait i think i would burst having to wait that long:tongueout:

Have changed the spec slightly from the original we went with.

Changed the colour to Alien Green, and added the black Speedline wheels.

Good changes mate! I suppose that is the problem with having such a long wait, you will always end up changing your mind on something!!! I hope that didn't affect the date you are getting it!

Oh and welcome to the site!

Good changes mate! I suppose that is the problem with having such a long wait, you will always end up changing your mind on something!!! I hope that didn't affect the date you are getting it!

Oh and welcome to the site!

It hasnt affected it. Still on for the start of February.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1
RhysThomass New Members 0