New member and loving it..

james_h

Platinum Member
Just thought I would hello and introduce myself as I have just brought a Clio 197 and think the site looks great.

Having come from a family of car enthusiats, engineers and motorsport competitors it was bound to rub off. I have owned and race/hillclimb prepared a couple of 106 rallyes in recent years which I love, but the love soon moved to Renault when I brought a 172 cup which got over 12,000 views on cliosport.net whilst I was returning it to showroom condition.

After being out of a Clio for only 10 months I couldn't resist getting another one....and I love it...I only had it a week and coundn't wait to get under it so did a service. Hopefully I'll be some sort of use to the site bringing a bit of knowledge as I do all my own work including diagnostics.

If anyones interested at looking at some of the Clio/Rallye restoration/preparation pics feel free. Not sure how much people are in to Motorsport on here.
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/Jameshigginson/?start=all

Cheers
James

P1000875.jpg
P1000871.jpg
P1000873.jpg
P1000862.jpg
P1000859.jpg
P1000866.jpg

Welcome to the site James.

Thanks Jase... I had a feeling you would be first to reply.

The tax disc holder came a few weeks back - thanks again for that. I did join at the same time - do I get anything through the post to say I am a member btw??

Cheers

What a Minter. Welcome :smile:

Paid members are online only as such - gold & platinum membership get postal stuff :smile:

That looks very clean!!!! lovely colour!!

I love 106 rallyes!!

Thanks Craig, they were great cars, especially the blue one - we still have the red one in the family, the brother in law does a few events in the Midlands such as Shelsley, Mira, Curborough etc..

welcome to the site mate

Thanks mate, looks great. Similar to the 106rallye forum which I used to enjoy as it was a small group of mature enthusiasts.

Thats lovely mate. I definitely need the exhaust trims on mine!

Best colour too :wink:

Cheers Mike. Funny you should say that as I brought it without them, but fitted them myself a couple of weeks later. looks better IMO

What a Minter. Welcome :smile:

Paid members are online only as such - gold & platinum membership get postal stuff :smile:

Thanks Mike. It was hard work finding one as good, it's like new. only 19k miles. Cheers for thr heads up on membership.

Welcome to the site, your motor likes brand new, very nice.

Thanks Fernandez. Apart from a small ding in the roof and rear q it's a real minter. I was forever getting out the small dents in the old 172 cup - as fast as I could get my mate to get them out another would appear - french cars I think! One alloy is a bit tired, looks like a poor refurb in the past. Thats on the list to sort soon though.

Got a few scrapes in my alloys too but what really gets me is the amount of stone chips I have, and not just confined to the bonnet area, I have them on the leading edge of the roof and a couple on the cup spoiler too. must get round to sorting them soon though. :smile:

Got a few scrapes in my alloys too but what really gets me is the amount of stone chips I have, and not just confined to the bonnet area, I have them on the leading edge of the roof and a couple on the cup spoiler too. must get round to sorting them soon though. :smile:

I know where your coming from - first thing I brought for the car was an Ultra Red touch up stick :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1
RhysThomass New Members 0