New member, 197 F1 in Cornwall

Do you go through Shortlanesend in the mornings in the Clio? I see a flame 172 on my way into work most mornings

That's my route! I'm mostly in the Bimmer, but you probably wouldn't be looking out for that (the 1er is hardly a looker :tearsofjoy:).

I see a grey M3 most mornings on my way through Shortlanesend, coming from Perran way?

That's my route! I'm mostly in the Bimmer, but you probably wouldn't be looking out for that (the 1er is hardly a looker :tearsofjoy:).

I see a grey M3 most mornings on my way through Shortlanesend, coming from Perran way?

Yeh I see that M3 as well, I'm usually in my black traffic van! I've sold the M3 now to a guy in Ireland so doubt you'll see that around ha ha!
Is your 172 standard then?

Yeh I see that M3 as well, I'm usually in my black traffic van! I've sold the M3 now to a guy in Ireland so doubt you'll see that around ha ha!
Is your 172 standard then?

Shame about your M3! Does that mean your 197 is your daily? If so how does it measure up, is it tolerable day in/day out?

The 172 has Cup dampers, Cooksport springs, a Scorpion cat back mated to a Ktec stealth rear box (don't ask how that happened :sweatsmile:), Ktec solid top mounts, and a few Powerflex bushes here and there.......sadly it's developed a small end rattly/knocky thing, so I'll be running it till it explodes :laughing:. It's been fun though, done Castle Combe 3 times and Brands once. I hope it holds out for Snetterton in November :smilingimp:. That's why I'm looking at a 197 or 200 as a replacement.....

Shame about your M3! Does that mean your 197 is your daily? If so how does it measure up, is it tolerable day in/day out?

The 172 has Cup dampers, Cooksport springs, a Scorpion cat back mated to a Ktec stealth rear box (don't ask how that happened :sweatsmile:), Ktec solid top mounts, and a few Powerflex bushes here and there.......sadly it's developed a small end rattly/knocky thing, so I'll be running it till it explodes :laughing:. It's been fun though, done Castle Combe 3 times and Brands once. I hope it holds out for Snetterton in November :smilingimp:. That's why I'm looking at a 197 or 200 as a replacement.....

The 197 isn't my daily, I've got a trafic van for work so the 197 will be used at weekends/evenings and hoping to get a few trips in to castle Combe! Decent spec then I bet it's good fun on the track! Is it the dephaser rattling is it?

The 197 isn't my daily, I've got a trafic van for work so the 197 will be used at weekends/evenings and hoping to get a few trips in to castle Combe! Decent spec then I bet it's good fun on the track! Is it the dephaser rattling is it?
Have you done Combe before? It's a great day out and the marshalls are quite cool. Shame it's our nearest track :triumph:.

I'm led to believe dephasers are noisy when the engine is up to temp, mine makes a rattle/tap/knock even when cold, and tends to be worse around 2000rpm, and goes when I unplug the lead to cyl 4 :cry:. Ah well :tearsofjoy:!