New Lincs 200 Member

Welcome!

What have you got planned for her when you pick her up?

Cheers pal...

I'd like to swap the alloys as the anthracite Speedlines (I think that's what there are anyway) are exact to my taste, but may suffice for the time being.

And I'd like one of the winged spoilers (don't know the specific title just yet) will do soon I'm sure after being around a while.. Not quite sure the one that's on is changeable though, I know there is one that can be swapped but not certain at the moment...

Well first half day of ownership, and well the cars loverlh as to be expected but after the drive home two really issues as such one much smaller than the other..

There seems to be a crunch on 4th, one no it wasn't on the test drive and I went through all ranges to check for it up and down the box, prognosis from looking at many threads isn't positive.. and two STOP Low battery keeps signalling, clearly from the fact it's not been run properly recently other than small stop start / test drives... realitvly an in expense replacement tbf compared to what the box issure maybe...

Ownership can only get better I guess...

Sorry to hear about those issues, not the ideal start... Have you mentioned these two points to the seller? Surely you can take it back if you aren't happy?

Sorry to hear about those issues, not the ideal start... Have you mentioned these two points to the seller? Surely you can take it back if you aren't happy?

Well ideally the Battery issue is purely down to it not been run very much / or many short stop / start so has been drained, but the gearbox maybe something I'm going to have to bring back up with them as this could just be a royal pain in the ass... Really strange as to how it never showed on the previous test drive when I was up there... if it's a major issue then the 12 months warranty that was taken out maybe getting used sooner rather than later...

Well ideally the Battery issue is purely down to it not been run very much / or many short stop / start so has been drained, but the gearbox maybe something I'm going to have to bring back up with them as this could just be a royal pain in the ass... Really strange as to how it never showed on the previous test drive when I was up there... if it's a major issue then the 12 months warranty that was taken out maybe getting used sooner rather than later...

Well it's worth a go isn't it - you don't really want to be forking out the full amount for a repair/replacement after just buying the car. It may just need a change of gearbox oil if its just been sat for a while.

So a holiday from work has arisen, Yesterday was a write off due to weather and it wasnt particularly grand today but can't wait for glorious sunshine to have a crack at tidying the car a little on the exterior.. Heres the end product after 4 hours graft.. and numerous bits of clay bar being used, so much tar it was unreal.

IMG_3988_zpsxmo3bdpl.jpg

IMG_3986_zpsv6t1pplx.jpg

IMG_3985_zpstbsoxyen.jpg

IMG_3984_zpsoxd8xv4p.jpg

IMG_3983_zpsrqqa86w7.jpg

IMG_3990_zpshaevqygd.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy
Lovely in red!

You use the clay bar to remove tar deposits?

No mate, sorry the way it written is wrong..

Thanks i never really looked for a red one at first but it growing on me... All the tar was of with AutoGlym tar remover but it was everywhere...

The 200 really does look good in Red, it's come up really well!

Did you get anywhere with sorting those issues out Marc?

No mate, sorry the way it written is wrong..

Thanks i never really looked for a red one at first but it growing on me... All the tar was of with AutoGlym tar remover but it was everywhere...
Looking good mate. Hope you get your issues sorted.

Top tip for next time, when using AG Intensive Tar Remover pour into a spray bottle. Less effort quicker results.

Looks great!! You going to paint the calipers?

cheers pal.. Ermm yeah I'd like to, one to freshen them up and two to tie them in with the car.. But is that cheating with the reds being in the Cup version...

My first chance is definitely alloys, just finding ones I prefer over the black...

So slight update for the Ren,

Toyosport is finally fitted and the annoying tractor sounds eradicated.. :thumb:

But with this has become a slight rattling through acceleration with the garaged believed to be the starter motor heatshild rather than the Subframe.. A Powerflex Lower mount was in the box for them to fit, but for £90 fitting and removing the old manifold i wasn't going to complain so paid up and ran off like Dick Turpin....

So next little task is to get the mount done and see if this stops the rattle whilst accelerating.. Also got some nightbreakers ready to pop in just need to find a midget to shoehorn these B***ards in as no way are my hands fitting..

On the lookout for some alloys as the ones its on are beginning to annoy me as there just not right to me... So if anyone wants to donate 197 Cup or the Meg alloys to me please drop me a kind message hahaha...

Well, after looking at it and strugfling with the battery option first to change out the headlight bulbs I admitted defeat and was like what a ballache... Needless to say I couldn't leave it once half my garage was outside the house so off came the bumper... What in essence an easy job that is... Why anyone would persevere with doing it any other way I do not know...

Anyways moral of he story is Islam nightbreakers bow fitted... Had them about 4 months haha..