New headunit time

I'm after a new headunit for my 197 but it must have the following features...

1. Bluetooth compatable with iPhone 4
2. Maintain the steering column controls
3. Input for an iPod/iPhone

I've had a quick search and found this thread - http://clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5179&highlight=headunit

Says with Alpine headunits you are able to keep the column controls.

Now will the iPhone work with the headunit if it is also connected via Bluetooth??

Anyone able to help?

ive got an alpine, you can buy addon for the head units that do everything you want. The bluetooth kit is almost the same price as the headunit though. £100 ish, £25 for steering controls and £5 for ipod connector which will charge your ipod too. As a bonus it also has a USP port ont he front for flash drives.

iv just fitted an alpine cde 113bt it was 180 from halfords. Despite what halfords were trying to tell me, it comes with the i pod lead in the box and plugs in the back. Dont have an i phone, but i have a 5th gen nano which i have in the glove box and can access all play lists, albums etc from the head unit. It has built in bluetooth which i paired with my phone, when i turn the ignition on it links straigt up auto. Can also look through address book and have full access to call log etc. Steering wheel control adaptor is on its way from ebay, and the fascia adaptor. Good head unit and im happy with it :smile:

Depends want you want, Bluetooth can bee used for a lot of things.

If you want hands free then you will need to buy a BT module (or a HU with it built in), if you just want to connect your iPhone to use as a music player then just use the cable that's provided.

Because Apple are always bringing out new iPods and Iphones and i this, its hard for manufactures to keep up, so just do your research look at places like http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk where it tells you if you need another cable.

Also the link you posted is for a cable that lets you to keep the OEM sub display as well as the stalk controls, if you don’t care about that then you can buy a much cheaper cable that just handles the stalk controls.

Just fire of a few emails to car audio places and you will find all your answers, most are very helpful and will go out their way to help.

Last edited:
the 113bt has the bt module built in, so dont need to buy anything other than the stalk adaptor.

Last edited:
from what i gather, this isnt possible, been lots of talk about it, but no one seems to have managed it.....

i looked at that one too, but you couldnt change the display colours so went for the 113, not much in the 2 really

lol, yeh, mines blue too, but i wanted a red/orange display to match the rest of the instruments, however, what i didnt realise in the shop is that the actual buttons are tined blue, so in the day light they always look blue! lol.
Oh and at night its bloody blinding, iv turned the dimmer on, but its still too bright :worried:

Similar Thread Suggestions