New forum bugs / snags thread

also are the threads we started on the old version going to be put into the new version I.E. through the "recent Started Threads" link on our profiles its a sod to go back and look for a old thread

There is a way to fix it without htaccess, I'm not at my pc to check what it was though. There is something within vbulletin with regards the cookies themselves it creates.

There's loads've ways to fix it. htaccess is the best though. :wink:

no Tom, htaccess is not the best at all.

htaccess will force EVERYBODY to login to 197.net - which is not what we want at all

we need 197.net 200.net and rs.net to all be independently login-able. I'm not going to implement a rule that forces 197.net to be the default site, that's just ridiculous.

And that's why we are going to have rel=canonical

We've had 197.net www.197.net 200.net www.200.net all working 'independently' for some time, and people like to see exactly that and see what page they are on - 4 different sites if you like.

the .htaccess is a solution but not the one I want to go with. saying that, I may use that for now just to fix the broken login.

I think I might be stating something obvious here but.. doing a search seems to be only returning hits from threads started/modified after the switch over? Either that or the search is broken!

James

That is very odd!

Seems to be fixed now :s definitely wasn't working earlier at all though.

I was searching for the keywords "jack up 197 place on axle stands" for the thread named "Jack up a 197 and place on axle stands" and it wasn't finding it!

All okay now though :smile:

James

Seems to be fixed now :s definitely wasn't working earlier at all though.

I was searching for the keywords "jack up 197 place on axle stands" for the thread named "Jack up a 197 and place on axle stands" and it wasn't finding it!

All okay now though :smile:

James

I've set the search to rebuild the index, so hopefully it will complete. I keep trying a site search on 'wipers' but finding nothing!

also are the threads we started on the old version going to be put into the new version I.E. through the "recent Started Threads" link on our profiles its a sod to go back and look for a old thread

I think this should become 'fixed' when the search indexing finishes :smile:

Looks like the Spambots are back Mike. Theres one just turned up in the site calendar section. username: sheng41bof