New forum bugs / snags thread

I've completed the forum upgrade from vb3 to vb4, and all seems to have gone well.

Can you please post only BUGS / SNAGS here and I will seek to address as many of them as quickly as possible!

Preferably please post a screenshot with the problem. It's often hard to reproduce visual problems with different sized screens etc.

Hope you all enjoy the new boards

Best regards

Mike

Last edited:
1: Needs to be a bit more space from the "welcome" top menu and the header banner.

2: Default colours in profile page are all wrong. Background is too dark with black text.

Last edited by a moderator:
Viewing on my ipad ATM but the times when your in the "today's posts list" are missing a digit, e.g 22:3 instead of 22:33.

There seems to be a few things overlapping the site logo in the header too, possibly worth a little resize to neaten it up.

Edit post doesn't seem to work... Tried editing the above post because it didn't put in the line space between points 1 & 2

Just thought I might add, if you can post a screenshot or something with the bug report that would be great (makes it much easier to fix)

Hmmm not sure if this is working...

Edit: ok, can't seem to post a picture from ipad, not sure if that ever worked.

To test;
Go advanced
Image icon
'Choose' image
* it displays a tiny version of the image but doesn't work when you try and post it.

^^youll probs need to try that using an ipad, iirc that worked when I tried it on the beta site using windows.

It's also turned up another issue when I tried to find a workaround. Tapatalk isn't working with the forum anymore. It's saying the plugin is either not turned on or is rejecting connections.

Last edited:
Also, there seems to be about 4/5 lines spaces under each text post, which will waist s load of screen space when there's a load of posts (or, like me you have the posts per page turned right up)

Test. Well I seem to be able to upload and then post as an attachment, but not directly post the image, did you do your one on ipad mike? same method as I posted or did I miss something?

Ah, that's because the screen is too wide. I need to add some white background to the Welcome bit and that whole top menu bar

should you be able to view and read the activity stream on the forum page BEFORE login in?

Not sure if this is what has been mentioned before or not:

2013-07-03_22-33-00.png

However it would look better if the logo was centralised with the welcome, log out etc buttons on the dark blue bit beside the search box.

On the plus side the site seems quicker.

Last edited: