New Discs/Pads...

I am definitely changing my front pads and discs, as I suspect the discs are warped and the pads don’t have much wear left. I am looking for some advice on what to do next.

A. Replace like for like discs and perhaps uprate pads – can you recommend a good pad for reasonable cash? I’ll probably go to TwingoGeeko or Brembo website for prices on the discs.

B. Replace discs with uprated cross drilled and/or grooved numbers. I am not looking at any 2-piece items as I don’t think road use merits them, but any recommended discs would be appreciated. Also, are the benefits noticeable uprating the discs?

I can’t fault the standard set-up aside from the usual braking from cold in very cold conditions, which can happen regardless what brakes you have IMO.

Also, is it worthwhile to uprate brake fuilds?

And finally!! Should I buy new pins for the callipers when replacing?

Thoughts suggestions please!!!
8)

Uprating disks and pads is great mate. If u tgink the brakes are good with standards u would be amazed how good uprated pads n disks are and how much faster they stop you.

Speak to richandgem for ure disks hes a wizzard and ds2500 pads or ebc reds cant be recomended highly enough

When the standards disks and pads on our 197 are shot I shall be fitting DS2500's and a set of custom grooved disks :wink:

The 2500's are amazing, I have them on our 182. If you want a price for grooved disks drop me a pm with some details of what your after :smile:

i put braided lines and motul rbf 600 fluid in mine with standard discs and pads and the improvement was noticeable

I fitted the Brembo HC's (bremboshop) and DS2500's at the weekend to my 200 (warped discs) and I can already tell the difference with the new pads, seem pretty decent from cold but once there is some heat in you get another level from them. I was a little worried about the lack of anti-squeal material on the DS2500's (not sure if I sould have fitted anything or not) but I lathered the back of the pads with copper slip grease and so far not a squeak. My pins came out ok although they are only 9 months old, I cleaned them up and again more copper slip, should be a quick swap when they need doing again.