NEW Detailing products company : www.glosstar.co.uk

Little update; I've been working hard to try and get the website looking good and informative, with a working ordering system and contact form. I think I have done this now, but would appreciate any feedback on it.

www.glosstar.co.uk

It should work on laptops and mobiles well, but i have not looked at it via a tablet yet.

Also, password for "Trade" page is: 4trade (original i Know!)

Last edited:
Reactions: suj and Jimmy
MUCH nicer with the website Nick.

So much better you can buy direct on there too now also.

And superb pics of your products :smile:

Best of luck to you !

Reactions: nickisokay
Cant load the site... any news Nick on this venture?

I gave up!! Too much time and competition plus I made about £2 on anything I did manage to sell!

Was a good learning experience though and I take my hat off to anyone who can make a living from doing anything similar.

At least I've got enough cleaning products for the rest of my life :laughing:

Reactions: Sean197 and suj
Sad to see your out the game, detailing's becoming a funny thing recent trip to Waxstock and Autofinesse appear to becoming a kind of 'lifestyle' brand with a DJ on the stand, many of the other brands are copying their branding with 'wooden crates' for displays etc - fair play to AF they really nailed it and people buy into it I suppose.

Me and a friend are into detailing and we were talking about viability of a business detailing related, but seems impossible in the market especially with the £5 full valet while your cars in sainsburys is where most people are at.

I agree completely. If you don't have something unique then it's very hard to get into a crowded market.
You need to get in early, before everyone jumps in on it - like fitness clothing, loads of people now selling it.

Knowing your customer is so important, the people that pay £5 for a valet would probably be willing to give a tenner for an all-in-one product that took 20mins and gave 'alright' results and lasted 5x washes.

Whereas as a car enthusiast, instead of giving my car to your detailing business and picking it up done, maybe offering a day where you detailed it together, passing on tips and tricks, then me leaving with a new bag full of kit and a clean car would work.
Maybe even do it with a group of customers and lower the price for them.

Sorry to hear that Nick, its tough building your own brand, I too have had the t shirt etc. But its about sticking it out...
Sure the market is over populated but you could of explored other markets, the UK is a tough nut to crack. Possible to PM your contacts for the formulas you used or any info on how you went about it etc. I have an idea I'd like to explore... :smile: