New Clio 200 Cup Owner

Damn. Oh well, I'll get it fixed one way or another. Thanks for the heads up ///M & Pav.

Once its back on the road we can maybe arrange that Scottish Clio meetup!

Got the car down to the dealership today. I had emailed the picture to them in advance so they had already started looking at options. As expected they were reluctant to replace it with a new OEM one due to the cost, so what they've done instead is to send it off of an engineering firm to have it machined and refurbished. They've loaned me a Picanto so I'm not completely without wheels.

Fingers crossed the engineering firm know their stuff. The metal is in pretty good condition so I'm hopeful that they will be able to do a decent job. They are replacing the flexi's as well, which is a bonus. I'll probably need to save up for a new exhaust at some point, but hopefully not until next year now. The ktec manifold looks nice, if a bit pricey.

Attachments

• 20170717_180257.jpg
    20170717_180257.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi Lewis.Welcome to the forum. I got a shock when I saw your name, as one of my grandsons is Lewis Watson!.At least the manifold has gone to an engineering company, so I would expect all to be well. Would be nice to have a Scottish meet, and put names to faces.

Reactions: Lewis Watson
Back on the road! I'm not an exhaust expert but they seem to have done a decent job. Welds look beefier than before. Car is running smoother than ever now which is great. The only down side is its maybe a bit too quiet now...

20170721_180811.jpg 20170721_180800.jpg 20170721_180756.jpg flexi.jpg

Reactions: Sean197 and Big Ben