New Clio 197 F1 R27 Owner in RB

Picked up my Clio F1 in Racing Blue last week. It's #394 and has cornering lights, 61k on the clock.

Its a 2 owner car, I've found the last owner on here, Jonny from Sunderland who got it in Jan 2014 and last posted on here in December 2015. He's wrapped the dash trim and front and rear badges in carbon fibre, read his project thread on it on here, looks good.

Anyone know anything else about the car? It's very clean so seems well looked after.

Thanks,

Dan.

Hiya Dan.

The last owner is just before my time.....but good you've traced some history.

More to the point - congrats on the best :smile: colour Clio and welcome to the forum.

Welcome along! Congratulations on the purchase, you got much planned for it? :smiley:

Don't be afraid to get some pics posted for us and maybe start a progress thread!

I'm wanting to keep it pretty standard to be honest with it being an F1. It has a pipercross air filter, chrome tail pipes like a 200, although I think it's just the tail pipes on the standard 197 exhaust from what I can see. The carbon wrap dash and badges as stated and HID/Xenon interior bulbs/headlights.

I have already fitted the RS steering wheel insert, only other plan is a re-map for a claimed extra 12 bhp and better running.

It's my second RS, I had an Ultra Red Clio 200 that I bought new back in November 2011, I have a boring company car now so got it as a second car.

Who's told you you'll get 12bhp from a remap, because thats not going to happen... If you upgraded the full exhaust system beforehand you could expect maybe 10-15bhp from a decent remap. A remap on a standard setup you'll be looking at maybe 3bhp tops.

The main benefit of a remap on these cars is it generally gets rid of the flat spot in lower revs and gives a bit more umph in mid range.

That's very misleading unfortunately, yes it's possible to get that much of an increase but not without spending close to a grand on a decent exhaust.

As I said you'd be lucky to get 3bhp on a stock 197 remap. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it won't be worth it as I've heard it makes the car a lot more drivable and smoother.

If you're never going to upgrade the engine/exhaust system then I say go for a remap, but if there's a chance you might somewhere down the line I say wait until you do that because otherwise you'll have to remap again.

Welcome to the forum, Dan! It's good to know you've come back to a Clio RS, with this being your second. Good choice with the F1 :wink:

Welcome to the forum mate. I have the Superchips Blufin map in my car. Basically it eliminates the kangarooing from cold and the flat spot up the revs. 12bhp? Very much doubt it but the car is very smooth so if you have these problems then the Blufin map will solve them.