New Clio 197 F1 Owner

Thanks mate, yeah it seems like a great forum so far.
I'm kind of glad I cannot see the for sale section yet....as I know i'd end up buying loads of crap haha.

We like it here :smile:

I hear you on the for sale section.....

The 'How to' section alone is worth the membership - and I'm not alone I know in finding most of the articles there invaluable at one time or another !

Reactions: suj

The 'How to' section alone is worth the membership - and I'm not alone I know in finding most of the articles there invaluable at one time or another !
£5 - for so little you gain so much.

Oh agreed, I will be joining up the membership once I pick up the car...delaying it slightly as I am a serial "messer" and will spend even more money haha :smile:

Also I have been looking at pics and noticed it is missing the rear bumper decal (mate told me he did have someone damage that rear corner, but was only bumper damage, so he got a replacement).

Is this something you can buy separately? If so what is the going rate / part number if anyone knows it?

Thanks in advance.

Front Sticker - £39.52
Rear - £48.65
Sides (If you wanted them) - £115.78 PER SIDE
Roof - around £400+ apparently.

(Copied from a question i have previously asked and i think they are from Renault)

Front Sticker - £39.52
Rear - £48.65
Sides (If you wanted them) - £115.78 PER SIDE
Roof - around £400+ apparently.

(Copied from a question i have previously asked and i think they are from Renault)

Brilliant, thank you Adam :smile:
I need to now find the dimensions of application so it is bang one.

Much appreciated :good:

Reactions: Adam_C
So I picked up the car last night, couldn't get loads of driving in due to going on holiday tomorrow, but it will be drove to airport which is a good distance away :smiley:

The only quick snap I took, I will take better pics when I get back.

sketch-1479374395244_zpsd7kajj6z.png

Also it is 93/500 :smile:

Enjoying it so far on my drive home, makes a good noise too for a 4pot :smiley:

Will get onto my paid / gold account also when I am back (or if a Mod can send me how to pay, will wire it now).

Reactions: Sean197
Car looks great, colour looks brilliant!

Mines 91/500 - Our cars could have crossed paths in early life lol

At looks great buddy - glad your happy and warming to it already !

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY :smile:

**Membership options can be seen by clicking your picture on the Black horizontal bar at the top of the page to show your profile. Membership options is then in that list.

Have fun....

That looks great, glad the pick-up went well!

It would pain me to have to drive it to the airport and leave it there while I go on holiday :smiley: I'd be counting down the days till I got back!

Haha thanks guys, yeah I'm really enjoying it so far, will be a nice cruise to the airport (but not at 2am..doh lol).

I just paid for Gold Membership.

I am loving the colour biased replies hehe :smiley:

Reactions: Jimmy
So a bit of a write-up:

Drove to Gatwick, it was a pleasant drive, but Cruise Control kept coming off (explained further down).

Went to Madeira, brilliant place, will be going back again.

Come back, drive back to Brum from Gatwick, Cruise Control works fine....odd?

I then get a throat infection and i'm off work for 3 days (first sick days in my life :worried: ).
Didn't use the car much, but I did a few journeys as I was sick of sitting at home. Cruise works sometimes, sometimes not....annoying!

So story about Cruise Control:
When Ant (who was a member on here) told me his car was up for sale, he told me about a cruise control problem where it wouldn't work and the spanner would appear with the message "electrical problem" on the LCD screen. I originally declined the car, but if he fixed it I would buy it.

So a story about this, his ABS/DSC was causing problems a while back, he tried a new brake switch to start with, but turned out to be rear bearings which solved the problem, he never really used cruise control after. Then when he did, it was showing the error above.
So before the sale when it was being MOT'd he had it scanned by the garage and it said brake switch, he had the original so swapped it over, tested it and it worked spot on.

But now it is flagging again, I haven't had it scanned yet, could it be that it needs this code removing? Or does anyone have any ideas?

So what happens is I will set cruise to say 70mph, it then starts slowing down like i've pressed "cancel", then I set it again it does it again, this can occur a few times then it just doesn't let me set it at all, then it comes up with the spanner and electrical fault warning.

But I noticed I came round a slip road to change motorway and the spanner went away...odd right?

Open to suggestions, or if anyone near Birmingham / Warwick has the CLIP software that could help, would be amazing.

Apart from this annoyance, I am really enjoying the car, so much fun, many smiles :smiley:

So a bit of a write-up:

Drove to Gatwick, it was a pleasant drive, but Cruise Control kept coming off (explained further down).

Went to Madeira, brilliant place, will be going back again.

Come back, drive back to Brum from Gatwick, Cruise Control works fine....odd?

I then get a throat infection and i'm off work for 3 days (first sick days in my life :worried: ).
Didn't use the car much, but I did a few journeys as I was sick of sitting at home. Cruise works sometimes, sometimes not....annoying!

So story about Cruise Control:
When Ant (who was a member on here) told me his car was up for sale, he told me about a cruise control problem where it wouldn't work and the spanner would appear with the message "electrical problem" on the LCD screen. I originally declined the car, but if he fixed it I would buy it.

So a story about this, his ABS/DSC was causing problems a while back, he tried a new brake switch to start with, but turned out to be rear bearings which solved the problem, he never really used cruise control after. Then when he did, it was showing the error above.
So before the sale when it was being MOT'd he had it scanned by the garage and it said brake switch, he had the original so swapped it over, tested it and it worked spot on.

But now it is flagging again, I haven't had it scanned yet, could it be that it needs this code removing? Or does anyone have any ideas?

So what happens is I will set cruise to say 70mph, it then starts slowing down like i've pressed "cancel", then I set it again it does it again, this can occur a few times then it just doesn't let me set it at all, then it comes up with the spanner and electrical fault warning.

But I noticed I came round a slip road to change motorway and the spanner went away...odd right?

Open to suggestions, or if anyone near Birmingham / Warwick has the CLIP software that could help, would be amazing.

Apart from this annoyance, I am really enjoying the car, so much fun, many smiles :smiley:
I cant help but I can say that electrical faults or ghost faults are very common on these cars. Sometimes they stay and sometimes they go away and never come back.

Similar Thread Suggestions