New Clio 197 F1 Owner

suj

Paid Member
Hi all,

So I currently have a MK3 MR2, as much as I love it, lack of space / creature comforts have caught up, so I was looking to change, I was looking at 182s to start with, but then I noticed 197s had come into my budget (house saving, so didn't want to go mental).

So I contacted a mate for advice as he owns one, best to hear first hand, I was after a FF one, for the creature comforts.

He then mentioned his F1 was for sale, I met up with him and discussed with him, we agreed a price and I will be picking it up next week.

It's pretty much stock minus a Milltek Resonated catback, which I am glad as I do mainly motorway miles so don't want a drone at motorway speeds.

It's on 93k, FSH, had Cambelt etc changed lasy year (2015) at Jade Developments, got a full list of bits done, so hopefully doesn't need much doing to it.

I will post up some pics once I collect it next week. To say I am excited is an understatement, always loved the 197s since I went out in one when they were near new.

Thanks,
Suj

Thanks for the warm welcome gents.

It's in blue, dammit I cannot remember the number haha, I will update it when I collect it.

I am so glad, as unintentionally my last 3 cars have been silver and I was planning to go see another standard silver 197 until I met up with him lol, so that is good to break it up :smiley:

Thanks for the warm welcome gents.

It's in blue, dammit I cannot remember the number haha, I will update it when I collect it.

I am so glad, as unintentionally my last 3 cars have been silver and I was planning to go see another standard silver 197 until I met up with him lol, so that is good to break it up :smiley:
Which blue? Albi (darker metallic )or Racing (lighter flat)?

Reactions: suj
Welcome to the forum, Suj! The F1 is a great 197, and a bonus that you've got a nice exhaust on already!

Reactions: suj
Looking good mate. Hows the Recaros after that mileage?

They are in really good condition, I was expecting bolster wear (as i've seen on nearly every F1 I seen for sale, which is understandable as I had similar style in my old 200sx and they also wore like that):

8_zpsl4vzeekb.jpg

Reactions: LOCKE
Welcome along Suj.

Congrats on the car and welcome to the best Clio forum in the Universe :smile:

Thanks mate, yeah it seems like a great forum so far.
I'm kind of glad I cannot see the for sale section yet....as I know i'd end up buying loads of crap haha.

Similar Thread Suggestions