New car

melvin1993

Scotland | Alba Rep
Iv been looking into buying a car to drive to work and back and once my apprenticeship is finished turn this car into a track car and buy something els boring to do the daily with, with that in mind the has to last 2 years at least and then meany track days and probably some sprints and hill climbs after the 2 years are up. I already have a 200 so I'm not really bothred if its a flash car or any of that rubbis

my choices are a 172 cup or some sort of 182

i have ATM £2000 to spend and have already found a nice looking 172 cup thanks to mike as his friend is selling it

i just wanted to know what are the thoughts on what car would be best for what I intend on using it for ?

Dont forget to factor in the insurance issue with a 172 cup if you are going to run it on the road due to the lack of ABS

Dont forget to factor in the insurance issue with a 172 cup if you are going to run it on the road due to the lack of ABS

I did think about that and when I looked It was only £80 more than if I was going to get a 182 so I can live with that haha :smile: no abs is a bit of a nightmare on the roads but it'll be a leaning experience haha

225's are very cheep at the min and the suspension can easy be stiffened up for the track

I think the insurance would be to steep for me tbh only being 20