new 197 owner from South Wales

Just a quick hello after joining on here , just bought a white 197 57 plate from Huddersfield , bought it to do some track days and have some fun in it , it's fairly basic spec but does have recaro's , it must have belonged to a member on here in the past as it had a clio 197 net sticker on it , the past owner has had the plastics resprayed gloss black along with the roof , the front grill doesn't look very good but the rest is ok , so will get another set of grills and do them again.

The seat has a bit of wear , the drivers side has been stitched up so will look at getting these fixed , can see why they go like that as it nearly breaks your bum getting in lol , the area that wears is bloody sharp !

The only thing it doesn't have which I would have liked is air con

Woke up this morning to find I had a puncture , a nail or screw had made a nice hole too close to the sidewall so had to replace the tyre , just put a budget one on to get it mobile again as I will order a set of trackday tyres for it this week

d9ffb14b.jpg

Going to be fitting some 2 piece 330mm grooved discs and orangestuff pads and better tyres and have some fun in it :clap:

:welcome: mate I don't recognise it but I see a few on here.Hope you enjoy the little beast

:welcome: to the site.

Looks good, is it a cup?

The orangestuff pads might be a bit much, they are a full race pad.

Yes it is a cup , the Orangestuff will be fine , I was involved with developing these and although they are marketed as a full on race pad , in reality they are a very good fast road / track day pad , EBC are making some very good pads now , but they still have a little way to go to compete with the best out there.

I'm in Bridgend.

I'm doing a track day with the clio.net guys on thursday in Llandow , I rally a clio 172 which was a genuine cup race car so taking that , and this one along for a blast

Sweet man, That sounds really good!!

We shall have to have a little get together soon. Not to far from myself!