New 197 Owner from Kent

Redline ATF for the gearbox. And these box's will thank you for more frequent changes than most other cars on the road.

Will be just about the best £40 you can spend on these cars. And i'd be amazed if it didn't all but sort your minor gripes....

You'll be thanking me i guarantee....... :smirk:
Thanks for the tip.
So is Redline ATF considered better on here than the Elf gearbox oil I was recommended yesterday?

Redline ATF for the gearbox. And these box's will thank you for more frequent changes than most other cars on the road.

Will be just about the best £40 you can spend on these cars. And i'd be amazed if it didn't all but sort your minor gripes....

You'll be thanking me i guarantee....... :smirk:
Thanks for the tip.
So is Redline ATF considered better on here than the Elf gearbox oil I was recommended yesterday?

Thanks for the tip.

I've had both. Redline is in a completely different league. And price-point to be fair.

Don't get me wrong - the Elf is 'ok' and will do its job. But it's not a patch on the RL and most certainly won't mask / cure / sort any tight spots, notchiness, grinding, syncro issues etc

Welcome along to the forum!

There is a guide in the How To section regarding the rattling boot, IIRC. Sounds like the niggles you have will be an easy enough fix. Anything we can help with, just shout!

Thanks for the welcome!
I did have a look in the how-to section but couldn't find anything for the boot fix.
Will give it a go this morning anyway and hope it solves the issue.
I must say everyone on here seems a lot more helpful and willing to offer advice than I've found on other forums.

I've had both. Redline is in a completely different league. And price-point to be fair.

Don't get me wrong - the Elf is 'ok' and will do its job. But it's not a patch on the RL and most certainly won't mask / cure / sort any tight spots, notchiness, grinding, syncro issues etc
Redline it is then. Thank you, I'll get some ordered.
Have found conflicting info as to how much I need. Anybody know how much the gearbox holds for definite?

RL comes in quarts. You'll need two bottles. Its approx £20 a bottle on ebay. Hence the cost being approx £40.

RL comes in quarts. You'll need two bottles. Its approx £20 a bottle on ebay. Hence the cost being approx £40.
Sorry to be a pain, any chance you could send me a link so I know to buy the right stuff?
I looked online and there were several options and I'm not sure of the suitability from the descriptions.

Similar Thread Suggestions