Need some suggestion. Steering noise, nsf knock

hey guys need some suggestions. Firstly the steering wheel clunk when stationery or at slow speeds. I know the rack can cause this issue but I don't think it's my rack or the Uj joint by the foot pedals. I just went out to the car and put my head by the pedals while turning the wheel lock to lock and the noise is definitely coming behind the steering wheel up top, around the top joint area. Any suggestions on a cure?

Also I have a knock on the nsf front when going over speed bumps slow or when going over drains etc doesn't do it all the time and it's not a massive knock but I know it's there. Just had the shocks replaced along with new springs and a rack end that side so knows it's none of those. Possible top mount? Although my mechanic who knows his stuff doesn't think, anti roll link? Maybe the lower ball joint? ( hope not tho, means new Hub carrier more than likely) it Defo seems suspension related for sure. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was getting a similar knock to the near side front and mine turned out to be the shocks but if they've just been replaced not sure. Can you see the top mounts?

I may wack the scuttle off on the weekend and take a good look. It's booked in with the mechanic for Monday for him to have a look. He would have seen the top mounts when changing the shocks so I'm sure he would have said something, he's pretty switched on to be fair to him but I'm self thinking top mounts as well, I may just change them anyway. Hopefully it's something simple like the anti roll bar links. Just praying It's not the bottom joint and if it is I hope he's got a press haha

Mine was knocking when going over bumps and it was the anti- rotation link between the bottom arm and hub. Mine had lots of play in it, you should be able to check without even taking the wheel off. Any negative effect on the handling? Mine was crap before I fixed it.

I wouldn't say it's really affected the handling but it's been there for a while so maybe iv just got used to it. My mechanic checked it when he fittted shocks and springs that's when he notcied the rack end which I already knew about due to mot advisory, thought rack end would have cured it and it did seem to go after I had the work done but slowly it's come back which makes me think it could be a top mount and maybe him removing it and replacing it again stopped the knock for a bit? Will Defo check the anti rotation 2moro. Cheers for suggestion m8