Nasty Megane Crash at the 'Ring

Discussion in 'Other Renault Sports' started by Gordini, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Gordini

Gordini Paid Member

Surrey
    Clio 200 Gordini

2. Dystant

Dystant Detailing Dale Paid Member

Manchester
    Clio 200 CUP
    Not good :worried: glad the driver is alright though!

3. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

Ouch... It's photos like this and the many videos on YouTube that put me off going to the 'Ring. I'd love to drive it one day, but would rather rent one of their cars to do it...

Gordini likes this.
  4. peter

peter POTM Winner - February 2017 Gold Member

b e l g i u m
    RB7 #166

renting an M3 perhaps?

35.000 euro deposit down the drain, with an extra 10k for damages to the others cars.

5. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Paid Member

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
  6. Gordini

Gordini Paid Member

Surrey
    Clio 200 Gordini
    Good video, haven't seen that many stripes since I last sat in my car! That is a perfect demonstration of why I don't like taking my car on track, because some wally like that could hit you even if you are taking care.

7. peter

peter POTM Winner - February 2017 Gold Member

b e l g i u m
    RB7 #166

yeah, i see your point. i love taking mine on track, but i try to stay as far away from the nutters as possible. so far so good.

Gordini likes this.
  8. nutnutwelshman

nutnutwelshman Spa-tacus Area Rep

Heathrow
    220T TROPHY
    The problem with MK3 meganes like my old 250 very tail happy on a full tank of fuel always run mine on half a tank problem solved

9. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

Haha, hmm...yeah maybe I'll just leave it :smiley: scary stuff! And that payout is horrendous :dizzy:

10. Yiannis197

Yiannis197 Paid Member

London
    Clio R27
    bloody hell this is nasty:worried: @severfourate definitely more tyre screeching lol

Maybe that's why I haven't taken mine on the Ring yet. Love track days but a TD is an entirely different thing altogether. You can mind your own business out there taking it easy and all that and something like that can happen. Nasty...

Jimmy likes this.
  11. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Paid Member

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    PMPL

Post of the year !

Gordini likes this.
  12. Chris

Chris Bad cop Administrator

Christ that is mangled!

Actually good result for the car beings as only minor injuries, obviously Renaults safety tests were worth doing..

13. wanger

wanger Paid Member

Bath
    197 F1
    Yep, that'll do it.

14. Sean197

Sean197 RIP Albi :( Moderator

Fife, Scotland
    Albi 197T - RIP, MK7 Golf GTD Sports Wagon
    Dickheads like this are the reason I'll never take my car to the 'ring. It's full of heroes trying to get a lap time, thinking they know the track because they've played it on Forza.

peter likes this.
  15. wanger

wanger Paid Member

Bath
    197 F1
    TBH as I've got older I fancy it less. I've done it twice before and had little problems but real fast cars are available for little money now so there's more out there. I must admit the m3 v8 sounded good. I'll stick to the UK tracks.

16. Johnny 99

Johnny 99 Platinum Member

Inverness
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    I went round for a couple of passenger laps a couple of years ago on a quiet day & enjoyed it. Took my Clio round the day after Spa last year but really didn't enjoy it. Spent the whole time keeping out of the way of seriously fast Corvettes & 911s. One lap, box ticked, sticker earned. Doubt I'll do it again. Definitely go for the atmosphere & petrol head talk in the bar at Am Tiergarten though, not forgetting the best steak I've ever had.

Jimmy likes this.