Myy LY 197 :)! ...(replica)

im new to this site, its took me long enough to figure out how to even post this! lol. Here's my car.. dont worry i knoww i knoww its not a PROPER 197, but i cantt get insured on it, so this will do :smiley:.. insurance is silly enough for this as it is!

Its a clio TCE 1.2 turbo with the following work:

liquid yellow respray
gloss black: roof,mirrors, grills, defusser and wheels.
front and back recaro R27 seats
both bumpers, wings, skirts and cup spoiler

xenon lights and white side lights and HID fogs
APEX 30mm lowering springs
197 hubs, brembos, wishbone, dampeners, steering rack and subframe
might of missed a few things... lol

Forge dumpvalve.. which is ****ed think im guna get the K-tec one soon
197 cat back exhasut

Plans:
on saturday shes going in for a full cat back powerflow system, although i want the de-cat her.. but aparently the only cat on the TCE is in the manifold, and nobody makes aftermarket ones for these cars.. seeing if my mates at the garage can try n make one to fit maybe.. well hopefully lol.

definatly want spacers! cant think of what size to get though? suggestions..

coilovers need odering aswell, dont know what to get though? dont want to be paying our for K1's or watever when they are only going to be for looks.. not like i have the speed is it?! haha

a map is in order once i have the exhaust, and the intake.. possible for a bigger intercooler.. but we'll see :smile:

Attachments

• !Bt-06lQCWk~$(KGrHqEH-EMEvpym7mSLBL-YHygNwQ~~_12[1].jpg
    !Bt-06lQCWk~$(KGrHqEH-EMEvpym7mSLBL-YHygNwQ~~_12[1].jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 245
  • !Bt-09rgEWk~$(KGrHqYH-DgEvr+JJK4WBL-YH6hl)g~~_12[1].jpg
    !Bt-09rgEWk~$(KGrHqYH-DgEvr+JJK4WBL-YH6hl)g~~_12[1].jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG00083-20101025-0603.jpg
    IMG00083-20101025-0603.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG00095-20101113-0733.jpg
    IMG00095-20101113-0733.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG00082-20101025-0602.jpg
    IMG00082-20101025-0602.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 310
Was this not that doggy cat C that was for sale? Few of my mates went to see it and alot of things didn't add up with it, Smart car tho,

yeah im a new member, erm dogey? wouldnt go that far... cat-C.. yeh it is.
definatly not dogey, the guy sold it because he gt a mini cooper... n did exactly the same with that car.. and then did it with another vxr.
he just loves to 'make' cars lmao.

yeahh too much money has been spent on it!
although, recently.. i bumped it into a curb in the snow :worried:
ended up costing like 1500 quid cuz i bent the subframe, steering rack and hub etc. piss take!

opinions please....

cars spray job has the odd **** spot.. could do with a couple of panels being resprayed.. but im a sucker for the gorgeousss blue clios come in, same as Foleys? not the cup blue!

orr do i just keep it LY ?

and.. calipers.. spray them LY or just leave them classic brembo red? hmmm...

Keep it yellow, save your money, build your no claims and get a real one. Not being funny, just don't understand pouring all that money in. You won't get much back at the end. Each to their own though!

when peoples heads turn every time u drive past them.. then its WELL worth every penny!

happy i didnt spend this money though, bought it pretty much like this :smile:

welcome to the site craig.

very nice.
keep it LY wouldnt even bother painting the panels as LY can be a real bugger to match.

leave it just how it is.

how much did you pay if you dont mind and how long you planning keeping it.

thats mint!!!!!!!

i love it

dont get a poo flow exhaust though, im sure milltek/scorpion/magnex etc etc will make one for your car

"when peoples heads turn every time u drive past them.. then its WELL worth every penny!"

id rather turn heads in a real 197 though. as soon as u fired it up u would know it was a 1.2.

oh and did you change the interior or just the seats?[/QUOTE]

That's a good replica having the wheels and everything. What did they do about the rear quarters being wider though?

"when peoples heads turn every time u drive past them.. then its WELL worth every penny!"

id rather turn heads in a real 197 though. as soon as u fired it up u would know it was a 1.2.

oh and did you change the interior or just the seats?
[/QUOTE]

So would he by the sound of it. But like he says 197's are a tad higher to insure than a 1.2 :wink:

Last edited: