my top mount knock 'cure'

work in progress

seemign as i cannot be assed to get the credit card out to buy some ast ones.............

just need to set up the minimill and get teh bearing housing drilled and tapped

IMAG0789.gif

Dont be so sure its the top mounts knocking if you have the common nearside unidentifiable knock...

whats knock is that????

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5373

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7059

On the first thread there are a couple of videos with the noise.

@ ben: The more I think about this the more I believe we should think 'outside the box' regarding this noise.. Since its obviously not the suspension, but seems to emanate from the area of the left wheel, there are 2 options: something akin to vertical engine mount play/exhaust hitting the frame or something loose in the brake caliper area...

Are you guys sure it's not the dash against window frame. Sounds incredibly like a suspension knock noise..!!

Hmm.. I can't feel the knock through the wheel.. is there a recording of the dash knock online?

Once or twice I think I've felt the knock on the brake pedal, though..

Ok I checked the file again today and it's not a knock it's a creak so will forget that for now but checked the suspension noise solutions again and the one about a knock from front suspension is for as Renault say Clio 3 rs with sport suspension so not sure whether they are referring to cup suspension or calling standard suspension sports level. I would advise asking your local dealer to put in your reg and see if the solution comes up as an option for you. Other than that just the possibility of the hub nuts coming loose as most people are aware of.

The one regarding suspension knock mentions when going up or down a Kerb or over potholes too!

If I remember correctly, on the Dialogys documents, the RS FF models are listed under 'sport suspension', the cup models are under a different category...

Cannit, what is the bulletin number for the suspension knock solution? is it the same as the one you posted on the other thread?

Yea pretty sure I put same solution up but again it's 8599. I would also imagine but without really having a car in the garage with this problem therefore being able to contact Renault to confirm 100% that the solution would affect the normal ff 200 rather than cup as I would have thought Renault would call it by that name

I never feel the knock through the wheel but I do notice it occassionally through the pedals.

Same here. And since you have aftermarket shocks, I think we can safely rule out the suspension...

The more I think about it, the more I believe its the brakes that are noisy...