My Titanium Ph1 172

Admiral ftw! £400 on mine, good postcode, me and a 22 year old girl on it. Mods declared but not covered though.

Great story Ross, happy days mate.

Yes I know what you are saying in regards to the throttle response on the 197/200s...simply terrible that's why a SB is a top mod!

That looks lovely, I do like a ph1 still.
infact, even tho it's sold I still have the black ph1 sat outside mine.

Love it, need to get to a few runs / meets in it now!

I will don't worry :smile:

You know when you come on this forum, click 'new posts' and maybe if you didn't come on over the weekend there are four pages of threads? Well if you don't go on cliosport for five minutes then click 'new posts' there are a minimum of twenty pages! It's like a full time job being on there!

Update
Ever since I had the car I always thought the handling was good but not amazing. I had a look through the extensive history file and saw that in the past is had had a replacement rear shock and a replacement front spring. I decided on new ph1 shocks all round and some Cooksport springs. I fitted them a few weeks back and they have transformed the car! People say they don't affect the ride quality but they definitely do, however the difference in handling is massive. So so so much better. The ride height is now at the level it should have been when it left the factory.

There was a bang when I did a fast gear change and also the gear change didn't feel great so I bought a Powerflex gearbox mount. Again, massive difference. The box feels so much tighter and there is no banging. Not bad for £45. Very easy to fit as well.

I've seen a few 1*2s with the Fabia splitter and I really like them. They're only £16 delivered and pretty easy to fit.

Costs/repairs
New Bosch battery £50.
New aux belt tensioner pulley £149 fitted.
Tax £275ish

Future
The exhaust/induction setup is nigh on silent. I will address this at some point, partly because I want to but also I sometimes find myself going into a corner at 80mph but it only feels like 50mph. I have to think of my safety :wink:.

I have some newish 172 cup wishbones to fit. These mount the ball joints closer to the front of the car giving a better/higher castor angle. Not bad for £30!

New tyres will be needed soon. I'll get either Michelin PS3s (£56 each) or AD08Rs (£68 each), best get saving... :wink:

Sounds like you've been taking care of it!

May as well go for the semi slick tyres if it's not your daily :smile:

Not heard about the aux tensioner going on these, what happened?

Cheers Mike! I was going to post a picture but I haven't got any good ones :001_rolleyes:

It is my daily. Colt3003 has AD08Rs on his 200 and after doing 15 laps of the Nurburgring and 30 mins on track they have hardly worn at all.

There had been a high pitched whine coming from the engine bay for a few months. It started getting worse and there was a noise like a seagul sqwarking so I took it to the garage and got it changed. The old tensioner was shagged; half of the ball bearings had fallen out! Good job I didn't keep driving it because the belt could have come off and taken the cam belt with it!

Ah right, thought you still had the panda! If it is a daily I'd be going for road tyres, AD08R's will be great in the dry but even in the summer we're getting 'the worst storms for 170 years' lol.

Good job spotting the tensioner then, don't want to be replacing the engine like Dan did in his Ph1...

Progress sounds brilliant buddy! Looking forward to the pictures.

As for induction, keep the ph1 air box, there's a thread on CS and the ph1 air box and v6 had the best output.

I drilled the pop rivets out of my ph1 air box and put an ITG in it, it sounded like ITB's with the open box. All youd be removing is the feed pipes and the 2 circles they connect to on the air box.

Progress sounds brilliant buddy! Looking forward to the pictures.

As for induction, keep the ph1 air box, there's a thread on CS and the ph1 air box and v6 had the best output.

I drilled the pop rivets out of my ph1 air box and put an ITG in it, it sounded like ITB's with the open box. All youd be removing is the feed pipes and the 2 circles they connect to on the air box.

Interesting about drilling the box, I hadn't thought of that. I might have to buy a new airbox anyway as the clips the lid on mine have fallen off and are nowhere to be seen.

theres a v6 airbox on ebay currently for £45 iirc. i'll put a pic up of the airbox with it opened up once i finish work