My red hot chili pepper - page 21 @Nockalmstrasse & @RL

Decided to present you my red hot chili pepper

Bought it this year in June almost for my birthday. Tried many hot-hatches but decided that the Clio is the one for me. Looked for a brand new one but didn't really want the facelifted one and there it was - brand new, toro red, R27 with all the goodies and with 7km only on it.

2 weeks later it was mine. The brake-in of the engine went as planned although I really had to control myself and the km were finally hitting the 2k km mark. So I changed the oil and started to raise the revs. Since then the cars been runing like a champ.

This is one of the first shots when the car didn't even have 100km
16.jpg

First thing I did after the oil change was to get rid of the orange bulbs
3.jpg
4.jpg

10.jpg
9.jpg

Second thing was to change the aerial. No chance that someone on the forum went over 800km to buy this. Had to go to Nova Gorica where a friend of mine lives and then we went together to Italy to the shop
img0997.jpg

The next thing was the interior. The only part of the car that's not that pretty to look at apart from the rev-counter lol
20090703clio20001-small.jpg
20090703clio20003-small.jpg

Waiting now for the silver vents and a new center console to come so I can fit it all together.

After 4000km I took the air-filter out and removed 3 wasps and 1 leaf rofl and then cleaned it
img1007-medium.jpg

That's the intro. Hope it's not to long :blink:

Last edited:
It was too long apparently cause I didn't get all pics in :blink:

Here are some pics of the car

2.jpg
11.jpg
cliio.jpg
img10924.jpg
img10936.jpg
img10944.jpg
img0902.jpg
img091254tonemapped.jpg

My first HDR thanks to simoxmino :thumbup1:
img12634455tonemappedccc.jpg

Here are some pics from Croatia where the grandparents of my girlfriend live :thumbup1:
1.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
20.jpg

Bored + rain = these two pics :biggrin: garage ftw lol
111.jpg
resfertik.jpg

Looks great ozi.

Love the last pic, how did you do it.?

First experiment with the camera stative :biggrin: set the camera to the angle I desired and then used these settings:

Shutter speed = 30"
Aperture = F3.5
ISO = 100
AV = -1
Ozi = waving like a lunatic with a LED light :smiley::lol:

ps. LED light 8)

Went to the dealer yesterday for the squeezing/squeeking noise in the front left side of the dash. It's now squeeking almost everytime there is stress on the chassis (turning on bendy corners....driving from a flat surface onto a hill). Really gets on my nerves because I don't know what could cause this.

Stripped the side of the dash and had a look but everything seems so firm :blink:

When I took the mechanic for a drive the first thing he said is "Pičko milo matrno!" :lol:worried:probably Raptor will laugh his pants off :biggrin:smile:

He said that he'll call a bit around to see if there was a similar problem on other Clios.

Anybody got an idea what could it be (anybody had the same problem)?

Just removed the plastic cover from the a-pillar and...the noise is still there. There is nothing more I can do :closedeyes: now it's in the dealer's hands.

No one here on the forum had any noise from the dash? :blink:

yep, I have it on mine. Creaks at the bottom of the a-pillar when the chassis is under stress as you say. I just turn the music up louder, not very good at fixing stuff like that in this country

yep, I have it on mine. Creaks at the bottom of the a-pillar when the chassis is under stress as you say. I just turn the music up louder, not very good at fixing stuff like that in this country

Omg so you haven't sorted it out :blush:hmy::':smile:(

When I removed the left panel from the dash and the a-pillar I couldn't stop the creaking. Since I have a bendy road near my home I thought I'd give it a try and drove around and try to push on different parts of the dash which I could reach with my hands. That didn't help a bit :thumbdown:

Tryed to rock everything I could reach with my hands but everything in the Clio is so spot on and firm. Really I don't know what else there could be.

Thought then (hope dies at last :smile:) maybe some cables were rubbing on each other with the isolation in which they are covered but nop :thumbdown:

Hope the my dealer will get an idea what to do cause I'm not really looking forward to see my dash pulled out of the car :blink:

Found some pics of my Micra 1.0i 16V

Here it's already lowered rofl
1.jpg

Got the intake cam from Autosprint UK - reprofiled 1.3
8.jpg

Right stock - left new one
20090408icarm0007-medium.jpg

Stripped the front cause I had to put a new bumper on cause I wrecked it while having some winter fun :lol:
20090408icarm0001-medium.jpg

Got everything apart...
20090408icarm0002-medium.jpg

And something fell into the sump :@
20090408icarm0020-medium.jpg

Finally put everything together and set the cams like they should be
20090415cam0024-medium.jpg

Made a CAI
200904172cam0003-medium.jpg

Removed the rev-limiter and here is the first video. Stock the Micra goes around 16s from 0-100km/h. Mine did in 12,76s after a couple of launches (removed the spare tyre etc. so the car would be lighter).

With 2 persons on board - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIvBHm7RKt0

Then fitted the injectors from a 1.4 Nissan Sunny
20090529bravoo0005-small.jpg

And altered the ignition
20090529bravoo0008-small.jpg

Since the Micra runs on closed-loop all the time even when the throttle is pushed more then 1/2 (dunno why)....had to make a switch so the ECU wouldn't overwrite the bigger injectors and more petrol would get into the engine :tongueout:
20090529bravoo0007-small.jpg

Painted the rims etc. and here is the last photo of it :'(
dsc00009-medium.jpg

After some dirt action :tongueout:
dsc00012-medium.jpg

Then I solded it as I got the R27. But I do miss that little screamer :'(