My New Intake Setup (video added)

Well after seeing the Ktec prototype filter setup i thought, sod paying top dollar for that ill do it myself! and ill tell you what, what a difference, car feels like it pulls harder and the noise is just bliss! hope you like! total cost £90! pipercross filter fitted with a samco 60 degree bend hose! just waiting on a piece of alloy piping from a friend to go between cone and hose.

009-1_zps2712b0ed.jpg
010_zps2786a519.jpg
011-1_zps520304d3.jpg
012-1_zps8e267914.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LPswR3PqvY

Last edited:
Well after seeing the Ktec prototype filter setup i thought, sod paying top dollar for that ill do it myself! and ill tell you what, what a difference, car feels like it pulls harder and the noise is just bliss! hope you like! total cost £90! pipercross filter fitted with a samco 60 degree bend hose! just waiting on a piece of alloy piping from a friend to go between cone and hose.

009-1_zps2712b0ed.jpg
010_zps2786a519.jpg
011-1_zps520304d3.jpg
012-1_zps8e267914.jpg

Nice. Try the 63mm TB along side and you wont be disappointed....

Looks good! Got a video of what sounds like?

Shame so tight as if could get extra cold feed to it would help more

havent got a vid yet but ill get one up over the weekend for yous. its not that tight at all tbh, ive still got the feed from the front bumper, plus after fitting i went for a decent run and at the end checked everything was ok, to my surprise the area around the filter wasnt hot (until i was sat idle for a wile,which will happen regerdless) and the filter was cold to touch so i cant see heat being a problem.

Good plan! Hoping to get a 64 along with my soon to be custom setup maxogen (like smoggy mark's & Henderson's) thanks to Mark. You think it will make that much of a difference?!

That setup looks ace! Saves some pennies on ktec's also haven't got to worry on a smaller battery.

Looking good Mike.. Vids would be great.

I really should put pics of my V6 instal, a bit of tweaking and I managed to fit the new,battery and the airbox in the engine bay.

Good plan! Hoping to get a 64 along with my soon to be custom setup maxogen (like smoggy mark's & Henderson's) thanks to Mark. You think it will make that much of a difference?!

That setup looks ace! Saves some pennies on ktec's also haven't got to worry on a smaller battery.

63 mm was better for me and Willis.

Trial and error I guess

I originally had a 64mm too, so yep def trial n' error....

yes mate you will notice the difference more or less staight away, i was impressed!

Looking good Mike.. Vids would be great.

I really should put pics of my V6 instal, a bit of tweaking and I managed to fit the new,battery and the airbox in the engine bay.

thank you sir! yea ill def get one up soon! yeah you should, you managed to fit the battery in there too??? :w00t:

thank you sir! yea ill def get one up soon! yeah you should, you managed to fit the battery in there too??? :w00t:

In a nutshell, the small battery (litchys old one) is at the front, I undid the airbox into its 2 parts, rotated the lid 180°, laid the airbox on its side and made a custom pipe.. Bobs your uncle, fannys your aunt and I got a V6 airbox without wiring a battery into the boot. :thumbsup:

009-1_zps2712b0ed.jpg
010_zps2786a519.jpg
011-1_zps520304d3.jpg
012-1_zps8e267914.jpg
Bet it sounds good!might be worth trying some sort of heat shield,the manifold will get hot after lot of booting it.
In a nutshell, the small battery (litchys old one) is at the front, I undid the airbox into its 2 parts, rotated the lid 180°, laid the airbox on its side and made a custom pipe.. Bobs your uncle, fannys your aunt and I got a V6 airbox without wiring a battery into the boot. :thumbsup:

Top work mate must of been fiddly job.

What battery you using angel? I'm more than interested I've been after installing a v6 air box for a while but the battery relocation has always out me off.