My New Clio 197

Lukesaxby

Platinum Member
Hi All, ok ive had my clio 197 since february now and this is my 4th clio as ive always wanted to get what i have now, as you can see im clio mad haha.

Right, i want to increase the power without damaging it so if people can give me pointers on best places and which ones to buy,

I want panel filter, induction kits and a remap, i just updraded my pads to redstuff and think of doing my discs to.

many thanks Luke

:welcome:luke
itg filter,people tend to keep away from the induction kits

Welcome to the site. Ye I'd stick with the panel mate, many people have commented on the forum about actually losing power from an induction kit! I've got an ITG, as many people have on here. It seems good.

Cheers for the advice, does it give you better throttle response and is it just a quick change over, couple of mins to do, where best place to buy one, K-tec

Cheers for the advice, does it give you better throttle response and is it just a quick change over, couple of mins to do, where best place to buy one, K-tec
better throttle response they say yes
2 min job
camskill £40 deliverd:thumbup1:

:welcome: to the site dude!

The only thing I have done to mine is an ITG filter :smile:

Worth it i'd say :smile:

If your after power dude then forget about keeping the 197 just isn't going to happen unfortunately

Re-map is the only way to make the car feel quicker but in reality you won't be gaining valuable bhp just a smoother power delivery through the rev range but should feel abit better lower down the range where the Clio is poor

ITG panel filter is a decent addition but again don't expect the car to be transformed!

Best advice I can give is concentrate on the brake set-up and cornering so a decent coilover set will transform the car

Just my two-pence worth

welcome fella, like already been said itg panel filter, milltek cat back sytem, and a decent set of suspension and brakes then itll show up quite a few higher powered cars thru the twisty stuff, the 197 is not really a drag car but show it some decent country roads and itll feel like a rally car lol

What's up with everyone talking of upgrading the brakes??? The brakes are the best thing this car has. There is definetly no need to change discs or calipers unless you are a real track addict. Ferodo's are a cool move but not value for money.

Coilovers again are for track day addicts only, otherwise they just transform the 197 from a tail-happy fun hatch to a '' train '' , and you probably won't go any faster on a twisty bumpy section of public road.

No offence to anyone, i'm just pointing out the other side of the argument. :thumbup1:

P.S. Welcome Luke, enjoy car and forum..:thumbup:

Last edited: