My Liquid Yellow R27 progress #172

I've got a Capital Seating tailored / logo'd cover here ready to go on just the drivers seat. It SHOULD slip on and off very easily. So the plan is: cover during the working week; naked at weekends. A crime in some ways....but just protecting the investment.

Who's doing the work on yours Shane ?
Capital as well. Seemed like the obvious choice. Very happy with the price and very helpful on the phone.
I rarely use my car in the week anyway, just weekends and the odd evening.

Capital as well. Seemed like the obvious choice. Very happy with the price and very helpful on the phone.
I rarely use my car in the week anyway, just weekends and the odd evening.

Their price for leather on the fronts was quite a few hundred cheaper than i'll end up paying. So yes - very good that way.

For me - they wern't entirely convincing about what leather would have been used. With that and the distance - i went local.

You'll be assured of a great job though - thats for sure. Fingers crossed on delivery today. Although if experience of my seat-cover was anything to go by.....they aren't great at sticking to times / dates and being organised !

Here's hoping...

Reactions: Shane_R27
Their price for leather on the fronts was quite a few hundred cheaper than i'll end up paying. So yes - very good that way.

For me - they wern't entirely convincing about what leather would have been used. With that and the distance - i went local.

You'll be assured of a great job though - thats for sure. Fingers crossed on delivery today. Although if experience of my seat-cover was anything to go by.....they aren't great at sticking to times / dates and being organised !

Here's hoping...
I went local first but wasn't happy with what he wanted to do and was more money for less work. So I phoned recaro who put me onto capital. I explained what I wanted and what car I had and they sent me a sample of the fabric. I sent the covers off last week and they received them on Friday to start them this week, chased them up first thing Thursday morning to be told they're done. Paid and was told they will be sent out that day and I'll receive them Friday. Would be a bloody bank holiday as well wouldn't it!!

I remember you saying about the drama you had with those covers.

We'll see.

Fair play to Capital Seating for getting back to me on a Sunday morning but still not the right answer! My covers should be back on Tuesday. Thankfully I had no plans to be at Blyton this weekend.

On a side note, are we teaming up with ClioSport.net for Trax in October?
I'd be up for that, I did go about 6 years ago and it was a bit chavvy, what's it like these days?

Seat covers turned up yesterday, look good so far. Just haven't got the time to do anything with them, hopefully might get time at the weekend. And I've got parts waiting for me at my local Renault dealer but can't get over there either!

Very good mate, looking forward to seeing them back on! How easy was it to remove them ? If it's not too much hassle to get them off/back on I might have to take the plunge, providing the price is right!

Very good mate, looking forward to seeing them back on! How easy was it to remove them ? If it's not too much hassle to get them off/back on I might have to take the plunge, providing the price is right!
Easy to remove, clipped in all round the edge and then clips and Velcro strips on the seat cushions in the seams. I had 3 bolsters seen to, panels removed and new panels stitched in, £216 including vat and delivery. Bargain I think. Really transforms the look and looking forward to the interior looking fresh!

Reactions: matt9566
Easy to remove, clipped in all round the edge and then clips and Velcro strips on the seat cushions in the seams. I had 3 bolsters seen to, panels removed and new panels stitched in, £216 including vat and delivery. Bargain I think. Really transforms the look and looking forward to the interior looking fresh!

Wow! That's a really good price, I need 3 doing too and I'm really, really happy with that. It bothers me every time I get in the car so I will definitely be making an enquiry soon. Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated!

Now have a "full" decal set, been missing this one from the rear window.
IMG_3763.JPG
And a nice new set of mats, from a 200 but go with the car rather nicely.
IMG_3764.JPG

I bet that sticker wasn't cheap! I need one for mine so might have to bite the bullet at some point. You really are doing a proper job at bringing the car back to a lovely original example! Really good to see mate.

Reactions: Pav and Shane_R27
I bet that sticker wasn't cheap! I need one for mine so might have to bite the bullet at some point. You really are doing a proper job at bringing the car back to a lovely original example! Really good to see mate.
A little over £15! But I think it needs it. I worked at a Renault dealer years ago, around the time these came out so I'm just trying to get mine how I remember them 10 years ago, only they don't wear that well so it's taking a bit of work! Putting my own take on a few things of course. Looking forward to seeing it done