My Liquid Yellow R27 progress #172

Powder coated. I was going to get them painted but then I decided against it. Powder coating is much stronger and how they would have been when new. (I would have thought anyway)

Apart from to get a really custom colour (Show car ?)......do people actually 'paint' wheels these days ?

Look great BTW Shane. As they should be for this colour car :smile:

Reactions: Shane_R27
Apart from to get a really custom colour (Show car ?)......do people actually 'paint' wheels these days ?

Look great BTW Shane. As they should be for this colour car :smile:
Cheers, the only reason I thought about it was for cost cutting, then I thought, no they'll chip easily and look bad really quickly. I'm in this for the long haul so I'd rather wait and get a "proper" job. I've already got next years jobs in my head... will it ever end? No of course not!

Reactions: Big Ben
@LOCKE yeah I'll be ordering those black bolts. Standard set up on mine, however as per the ebay link, you need to specify that you want M14, rather than the advertised M12 - is that right @Shane_R27 ??

Reactions: LOCKE
@LOCKE yeah I'll be ordering those black bolts. Standard set up on mine, however as per the ebay link, you need to specify that you want M14, rather than the advertised M12 - is that right @Shane_R27 ??
That's right, actually knowing what I know now I'd phone them first because even though I put a note on the sale they still sent M12s, I phoned them the next day and they sent out M14s as well and I sent the M12s back. Although there were a few cock ups along the way they were very polite, apologetic and fast to rectify.

Jimmy is getting new bolts..so glad you are mate..will.look miles better...
Painted my wheels a few times and have to say that it wasn't that bad..if you take your time,the result will last but for a long run,I'd have them powder coated too..

Reactions: Jimmy
I haven't driven my car for 11 days now and I'm feeling very irritable!! Didn't realise how much I enjoyed it until I couldn't drive it! Hopefully the nice newly re-trimmed seat covers will arrive back here tomorrow and I can fit those and enjoy the bank holiday weekend

know how you feel..hope they are back swiftly..
not driven mine for 5 weeks now and think its killing me :excited:

You having donn 'standard' ??? (You didn't say otherwise). Surprised you didn't go leather for a bit of longevity on the bolsters.....

Saw a 197 F1 with leather / leather bolsters this week. Not sure if they were a factory option. Looked well.

How long are they going to be away for ? Depressing isnt it.........

There's a GW 200 where I'm working today and I noticed it had a nice set of mats that will match my steering wheel (and go with the rest of the car) rather well. So I ordered a set from Renault along with the championship decal for the rear window. Nice little touch I think

You having donn 'standard' ??? (You didn't say otherwise). Surprised you didn't go leather for a bit of longevity on the bolsters.....

Saw a 197 F1 with leather / leather bolsters this week. Not sure if they were a factory option. Looked well.

How long are they going to be away for ? Depressing isnt it.........

They should have been back yesterday so hopefully today. Yes all standard as it was just 3 bolsters, no need to re-do the whole lot and rears just for that. If I was minted then I would have leather and alcantara all round... but unfortunately I'm not!

How are your seats coming on?

They should have been back yesterday so hopefully today. Yes all standard as it was just 3 bolsters, no need to re-do the whole lot and rears just for that. If I was minted then I would have leather and alcantara all round... but unfortunately I'm not!

How are your seats coming on?

I didn't mean do the whole lot - just leather bolsters wouldn't have been a whole lot more ££££ i wouldn't have thought ? Anyway. Will look great. You using a cover in future....or going naked ?

***Fuck knows :rage: Thanks for asking :sunglasses:

Reactions: Benno and Shane_R27
I didn't mean do the whole lot - just leather bolsters wouldn't have been a whole lot more ££££ i wouldn't have thought ? Anyway. Will look great. You using a cover in future....or going naked ?

***Fuck knows :rage: Thanks for asking :sunglasses:
May well use a cover, obviously I'll be very careful whatever I do. I saw a 57 plate Corsa VXR yesterday, same seats but with half leather, no wear at all! Would be the better choice.

Looking forward to seeing yours all done though Shuv!

May well use a cover, obviously I'll be very careful whatever I do. I saw a 57 plate Corsa VXR yesterday, same seats but with half leather, no wear at all! Would be the better choice.

Looking forward to seeing yours all done though Shuv!

I've got a Capital Seating tailored / logo'd cover here ready to go on just the drivers seat. It SHOULD slip on and off very easily. So the plan is: cover during the working week; naked at weekends. A crime in some ways....but just protecting the investment.

Who's doing the work on yours Shane ?