My Liquid Yellow R27 progress #172

Good choice on the anthracite colour for the wheel refurb - no other choice on an R27 imo :wink: and I'll be very interested to see the black bolts on once they're fitted - I need to replace mine and was unsure what black bolts would look like on anthracite wheels.

Reactions: LOCKE and Shane_R27
Wheels are back and they look awesome!
IMG_3304.JPG
I don't care that it's raining, these wheels are going on!
IMG_3308.JPG
I even cleaned the wheel arches while the wheels were off.
IMG_3309.JPG
IMG_3310.JPG
IMG_3311.JPG
IMG_3312.JPG

So the new wheel bolts turned up and they included 3 random locking bolts instead of normal ones that don't fit the key they sent me so still not finished... ffs

Reactions: Jimmy
Continental Contisport 5 XL's ? (I love mine.)

Arches look great too....bus-mans holiday i bet !

WHERES THE FINISHED PIC WITH WHEELS ON BUDDY !!! ???

***We'll forgive you the 3 odd wheel bolts :smile:

Reactions: Shane_R27
Yes I love the contis as a good all round road tyre. It's pissing it down with rain so this is as close as it gets for now! Wheels on but car not on the ground yet
IMG_3313.JPG

Great result Shane, the wheels look great! Thank you for posting the photo of the black bolts, it was me and @LOCKE that were interested. I will definitely be getting some of those!

Pity they screwed up with the ones they supplied you though - hopefully the seller is helping to rectify things??

Reactions: LOCKE and Shane_R27
Great result Shane, the wheels look great! Thank you for posting the photo of the black bolts, it was me and @LOCKE that were interested. I will definitely be getting some of those!

Pity they screwed up with the ones they supplied you though - hopefully the seller is helping to rectify things??
Yes they've actually been very helpful and apologetic, new ones on their way! The bolts do look nice and look like good quality too.

Reactions: Jimmy

Jimmy are you getting the black TPI bolts? Are you running standard setup i.e. no spacers?

Reactions: krash67
Wheels are back and they look awesome!
View attachment 111978
I don't care that it's raining, these wheels are going on!
View attachment 111977
I even cleaned the wheel arches while the wheels were off.
View attachment 111979
View attachment 111980
View attachment 111981
View attachment 111982

So the new wheel bolts turned up and they included 3 random locking bolts instead of normal ones that don't fit the key they sent me so still not finished... ffs
Wheels look great, were they powder coated or painted?

Reactions: Shane_R27