My Liquid Yellow R27 progress #172

Flywheel not wheel power. Not sure what to expect but I was more interested in the smoothness lower down

Another K-Tec 'roaring result'...

These cars aren't about power as such in standard'ish form. And in no way is this a pi55ing contest. And I'm sure the remap is great and the fuelling and drive ability is fantastic. I really hope so at least...

But I have to be honest once again ref K-Tec and say peak numbers wise their figures are off the Planet compared to anyone else in this World.

These guys are either the smartest mappers in the entire World or their figures are somewhat 'inflated' compared to everyone else. Look through the rolling road thread at cars with similar mods on any other rolling road to get my point.

In saying all of that the printout itself of course makes no odds to the real World driving.

And I hope yours is fantastic now :smile:

Reactions: Shane_R27
Another K-Tec 'roaring result'...

These cars aren't about power as such in standard'ish form. And in no way is this a pi55ing contest. And I'm sure the remap is great and the fuelling and drive ability is fantastic. I really hope so at least...

But I have to be honest once again ref K-Tec and say peak numbers wise their figures are off the Planet compared to anyone else in this World.

These guys are either the smartest mappers in the entire World or their figures are somewhat 'inflated' compared to everyone else. Look through the rolling road thread at cars with similar mods on any other rolling road to get my point.

In saying all of that the printout itself of course makes no odds to the real World driving.

And I hope yours is fantastic now :smile:
Yeah I think the numbers are to be taken with a pinch of salt but that's not what it was about for me. You can see the abomination of fuelling below 3k before and it's all smoothed out now. It drives so well now. I don't care what the power figure says on the sheet but it is a gain and it's how it feels in the real world that makes the difference. I can only speak of my experience and the customer service was great and my car feels great so I'm happy

Ignore the power figure mate. Ktec are know for over inflated numbers. In reality you'll certainly be making less than that. The curves are the important thing and you can see from the graph it's MUCH better now. Driving it must be a massive improvement!

Glad you're happy fella.

Ignore the power figure mate. Ktec are know for over inflated numbers. In reality you'll certainly be making less than that. The curves are the important thing and you can see from the graph it's MUCH better now. Driving it must be a massive improvement!

Glad you're happy fella.
Quite right mate, if you're chasing ponies you bought the wrong car! Definitely feels great now. Even though the main reason for doing this was to iron out the flat spot (which was horrendous), it comes alive above 4k, more than before! But the whole delivery is smoother which feels great.

Reactions: ///M
Yeah I think the numbers are to be taken with a pinch of salt but that's not what it was about for me. You can see the abomination of fuelling below 3k before and it's all smoothed out now. It drives so well now. I don't care what the power figure says on the sheet but it is a gain and it's how it feels in the real world that makes the difference. I can only speak of my experience and the customer service was great and my car feels great so I'm happy

Remaps work wonders on these cars standard traits and awful Renault fuelling IMO....

Glad your happy. I've no doubts they can map. The only doubts are over customer-friendly numbers :smile:

Have a great weekend. Enjoy !!!!!

Reactions: Pav and Shane_R27
Just a quick one... I'm going to replace the wheel bolts for nice new black ones, I'm unsure on the size. I did a search on eBay (don't worry I won't be buying cheap ones) and it says they're m14 but after searching on here people are saying m12. I know the pitch is 1.5 and I'm after 27/28mm bolts to go into the spacers. The wheels have been collected and I'm not with the car right now to check bolt size. Any ideas anyone? Also tapered seat or domed? Standard 197 wheels
Thanks in advance

Reactions: sevenfourate
M14 from memory on my 200 (As some of the Laguna wheels are M12 and need drilling to fit)

Length you've got is spot on, and they are a standard 60 degree taper head.

Just looked on my eBay page.

Sorry - can't go back far enough in purchase history in my phone to confirm !

M14 from memory on my 200 (As some of the Laguna wheels are M12 and need drilling to fit)

Length you've got is spot on, and they are a standard 60 degree taper head.
Thanks mate, very helpful. I could just wait until I get home and check but I was hoping to get some ordered today! The other thought I've got is the bolts thread into the spacers so could be different. That would be silly though. I think I'll wait and double check, just being lazy!

Reactions: sevenfourate
What's the name of the bolts that everyone goes for? What length for standard setup ie no spacers?
Just a quick one... I'm going to replace the wheel bolts for nice new black ones, I'm unsure on the size. I did a search on eBay (don't worry I won't be buying cheap ones) and it says they're m14 but after searching on here people are saying m12. I know the pitch is 1.5 and I'm after 27/28mm bolts to go into the spacers. The wheels have been collected and I'm not with the car right now to check bolt size. Any ideas anyone? Also tapered seat or domed? Standard 197 wheels
Thanks in advance
Pics when fitted please mate, wheels and bolts.

Reactions: Jimmy and Shane_R27
Thanks in advance

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...0&clk_rvr_id=1277592067180&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

These are what you want. But you MUST tell them to send you M14 and not the M12 they have listed.

Don't do what I did and forget to tell them and have to send the M12s back!

:smiley:

Reactions: Jimmy and Shane_R27