My Liquid Yellow R27 progress #172

Yeah the more I drive it the more I realise it's quite a special car. I've had normal clios in the past and it's like RenaultSport took a Clio, threw most of it away and rebuilt it. Such a well put together car. I don't mind putting a bit of money in the right places as I think it's a car for the future.

I don't think that many 197 / 200 will be around in a few years time, their low purchase prices belies the true cost of their ownership. Many will not be looked after, unlike like yours now and will end up being broken for parts as they'll be worth more in bits than a whole and beyond economic repair. That is until they become true classics like 5 GTturbos and other hot hatches from that era.

Decals are dealt with by @Nik - and are normally posted on-block and perhaps not individually. So there may be a small delay.

Hopefully he'll see this now i've alerted him and chip in :smile:

Thanks @///M :smile:
Thanks for that, wasn't sure how these were printed/sent. I appreciate it's not worth printing just 2 and sending them out! Just wanted to represent the family! Cheers

Decals are dealt with by @Nik - and are normally posted on-block and perhaps not individually. So there may be a small delay.

Hopefully he'll see this now i've alerted him and chip in :smile:

Thanks @///M :smile:
Thanks for that, wasn't sure how these were printed/sent. I appreciate it's not worth printing just 2 and sending them out! Just wanted to represent the family! Cheers

Stickers take up to a month as they do them in batches - as above :smile:

Edit: see Nik beat me too it above

Enjoy your beast!

Reactions: Shane_R27
Shame about the water pump, that's an expense you could have done without. Still, it's one of those jobs that is definitely worth investing time and money into. Sounds great your plans for the interior, it's nice to see new cars to the forum getting so much love!

IMG_2307.PNG
Cheers for the stickers @Nik , looking good with the Liquid Yellow! I've recently become a paid member too.

New Continentals went on the other day along with a fresh MOT.
Air Con compressor has arrived so Monday I'm having that fitted along with a new aux belt, cambelt kit and water pump.

Hottest day of the year and no air con!!

A choice addition, Shane!

Nice one on the belts being done - should be feeling fresh in the engine bay now too, as well as in the cabin :smile:

Quick update.
AC compressor, aux belt, cambelt and water pump now fitted. AC blows ice cold and I have peace of mind with the belts and water pump.

Collected the front subframe/radiator support bracket (still don't know it's proper name) and all the fixings brand new from my local Renault dealer this morning. Part numbers in pics if anyone is interested.

Steering wheel and gear gaiter will be here next week and I received a fabric sample from Capital Seating for the seats so I'll get that under way soon.

We're getting there.
IMG_2393.JPG IMG_2394.JPG IMG_2396.JPG IMG_2395.JPG

Your going for a fabric retrim with Capital. Interesting........

I spoke to Capital about a leather trim. Their prices quoted were REALLY good. The only 'issue' for me being the cost posting the seats and the pure distance from them. So i chose to go with someone local where i could keep track of whats happening.

Not that it reflects at all on the seat work perhaps - but i can say im having / have had a bit of an ongoing and elongated saga with them on a Recaro protective seat cover i ordered from them. Inept and uninterested after numerous cock-ups from them doesn't even come close.......

Nice work on the belts. water-pump etc. Quite a few years of breathing easy right there :smile:

Your going for a fabric retrim with Capital. Interesting........

I spoke to Capital about a leather trim. Their prices quoted were REALLY good. The only 'issue' for me being the cost posting the seats and the pure distance from them. So i chose to go with someone local where i could keep track of whats happening.

Not that it reflects at all on the seat work perhaps - but i can say im having / have had a bit of an ongoing and elongated saga with them on a Recaro protective seat cover i ordered from them. Inept and uninterested after numerous cock-ups from them doesn't even come close.......

Nice work on the belts. water-pump etc. Quite a few years of breathing easy right there :smile:
Well I first went to a local trimmer but his ideas didn't sit well with me. I phoned Recaro to see who did theirs so I could get the correct fabric and to know it would be a good job and they put me on to Capital Seating. Lee has been very helpful and the price was better than my local guy. I'll just have to take the covers off and re-fit myself. I'm looking forward to the results. I guess we'll have to wait and see. The only downside is he'll need the covers for a week to get the job done.

Today was a good day. New front subframe / radiator support bracket fitted, and by the sound of it was an easy job.

And these lovely goodies turned up...
IMG_2573.JPG
Steering wheel and gear gaiter by Royal Steering Wheels in 9002 dark grey alcantara with yellow stitching and yellow centre stripe. Milltek decat to go with the Milltek cat back.

It has become apparent that I need to go for a dyno map so I thought I may as well see if I like the decat before I take it to be tuned.

great stuff!!looks like you dont mess about :thumb:
the wheel looks so nice..bet you are very happy with all your mods so far..

Last edited:
great stuff!!looks like you dont mess about :thumb:
the wheel looks so nice..bet you are very happy with all your mods so far..

Thanks! Now all the boring but necessary bits are out the way I can start chipping away at my original list! Yeah so happy, the wheel feels so nice

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_2589.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG
IMG_2599.JPG
IMG_2597.JPG

Steering wheel, gear gaiter and decat fitted this evening. Unfortunately the RenaultSport plastic trim on the bottom of the steering wheel broke when I removed it so I'll get another one. Took it for a drive and what a difference this has all made! The steering wheel feels so much better and the decat is not much louder which is good but when it's on song it sounds and feels incredible.

Next step is booking in for a mapping session.

Reactions: Jimmy and peter
All looks great - wheel 'upgrade' just makes such a difference to the driving feel / experience doesn't it........ :smile: Gaitor looks lovely and the gear-knobs are brilliant. Apart from coming to your car on a scorching hot day !!

And a small point on the steering wheel / badge. Jack at Royal is known to religiously go over the old wheels with whatever new material you've chosen. So the new wheels are "always" a bit thicker. Point being from my experience; you'll do quite well to get the RENAULT sport plastic badge (And sitting properly) over your refinished wheel.

Personally i just left mine off. The stitching is nice to look at in that area - and i felt the cheap plastic badge lowered the tone on what now is a lovely area area of the car (**Refinished steering wheel in general).

Good luck........