My Liquid Yellow R27 progress #172

I plan to have the door handles, bullets and diamonds done the same colour as the wheels, just to keep things uniform. But first, I just want to finish my seats! I started yesterday evening but ran out of light, will hopefully finish this evening.

Reactions: Sean197 and kevlar
A little over £15! But I think it needs it. I worked at a Renault dealer years ago, around the time these came out so I'm just trying to get mine how I remember them 10 years ago, only they don't wear that well so it's taking a bit of work! Putting my own take on a few things of course. Looking forward to seeing it done

£15! Mind me asking where?

The only pictures I've got of my seats at the minute
IMG_3770.JPG
IMG_3774.JPG
I've glued some strips of foam to the actual seats where the bolster wears through, just to slow it down a bit in future. It might not do anything but worth a try! Surely it's got more material to wear through this way.
I hope to have these finished this evening, or at least some more pictures.

Reactions: matt9566
Finally!!! I put the seat covers back on this evening and I'm so happy with the result. Ok so I know it's not a fancy re-trim but I just wanted it back to how it should be and the damaged panels have been replaced.
IMG_3792.JPG
IMG_3795.JPG
IMG_3796.JPG
New mats! I think these look great and match the steering wheel nicely. These photos were taken when it was getting dark and the flash was on so the colours look a bit off.
IMG_3800.JPG
IMG_3801.JPG
Nice mint interior now!
IMG_3804.JPG
Had to take it for a quick spin after doing this, god I missed this car! Nearly 3 weeks since I drove it last!
IMG_3807.JPG

Reactions: Big Ben
What's your polish/LSP combo out of interest? Looking great, massive improvement since you bought it.
That's the first time I've polished it since I bought it. This was a polymer polish I get from my trade supplier. It's crying out for a machine polish when you look under artificial lighting though. I'll get round to doing that soon. Cheers for noticing though!

Reactions: LOCKE
LY is such a great colour. Bet it turns heads! I use Swissvax which gives mine a nice glow.
When I was polishing it today it just amazed me how different it looks in different lights, such a nice colour. Yes it does get a bit of attention! How do you find the Swissvax lasts? Or doesn't it see the elements? I've tried Carnauba waxes in the past and they give an amazing shine but I found it didn't last that long

The LY R27 never really moves to be honest, although the RB 182 is my daily but only a handful of miles a day. I been full circle with polish and protection but always came back to Swissvax. I will do a full deep clean every 6 months on the 182 and top up every month with Mirage, maybe OTT but a little goes a long way and the dirt falls off with a pre wash foam.

Reactions: Shane_R27