My FF Cup Packed Albi 200

really like albi blue :smiley: Looks great :smile:
Cheers mate. The colour is lush, reminds me of my 172 cup. It's a really strange Blue which makes it quite unique I think to other cars.

Nice mats, where did u get those from if u don't mind me asking? Looks very smart.
Renault parts. A friend of mine is the parts manager, so got them trade. Good job as well - think they are about £50-60+!!

looking good :thumbup:
Thanks Giles - as always positive comments :cloud9:

Looking good as ever James, nice and clean. Have you got plans for any more goodies yet?

Looking good as ever James, nice and clean. Have you got plans for any more goodies yet?

TBH I don't want to do anything whilst it's under warranty. I quite like the cup spoiler but I think i'm getting a little old maybe for that.

I wouldn't mind doing a couple of events if I can pluck up the courage. The rallye was an easy decision as the car was only worth a few grand - not sure I have the courage to take 13k+ on the circuit... Would love to take it on the track with my old Rallye that my Brother in law still runs in a few events.

I had lined up a second set of alloys possibly for the reason above. A close friend has strong links with Speedline from when he was a chassis engineer at Aston. I can get a set of Speedlines for next to nothing when required.

Further on if I still have the car the exhaust would be something I would look to change but to be honest very little to gain from that. Having any straight through pipes/decats may release a few bhp but at the risk of losing low down torque on this type of engine...something that it is already lacking. Sports cat maybe an option, worked well on the rallye. Would leave chassis alone tbh and go for a change of brake pads if the car were to see the track, and just use uprated brake fluid. Maybe brace up the chassis at the front and rear but again not sure how much gain.

I think Renault have pretty much pushed this one to the limit.

Had a go at using my newer more expensive cleaning products yesterday.. hope they were worth the money!

Car was covered in salt and grit from the roads :thumbdown:
0001.jpg
0002.jpg
0003.jpg
0004.jpg
0005.jpg

Decent quality lambs wool mitt for the body work, expensive drying towel, kent mitt for more stuborn/dirtier area's (uner rear diffuser etc)..G101 for the wheels, Auto Finnese lather shampoo and citrus spray for the front bumper to get as much dirt off without having to scrub the gloss black bumper.

0006.jpg
0007-1.jpg

Two bucket method
0009-1.jpg

with rinse first
0008-1.jpg

shampoo
0010.jpg
0011.jpg
0012.jpg
0013.jpg

alloys treated with Autosmart G101
0014.jpg
0015.jpg
0016.jpg

clean :cloud9:
0019.jpg
0026.jpg

after rinsing started drying
0017.jpg
0018.jpg

polishing close to buff gloss black and body work
0024.jpg
0022.jpg
0023.jpg
0025.jpg

result
0027.jpg
0028.jpg
0029.jpg
0030.jpg
0032.jpg
0034.jpg

useful for touching up front bumper chips (gloss black one)
0035.jpg

time to test some goodies today..:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Collinite Wax, Meguiars Pad, Auto Finesse Gloss tyre spray.....

P1010661.jpg

First up, in the warm dry garage, applied thin layers of the collinite and waited for it to haze...

P1010662.jpg

P1010663.jpg

P1010664.jpg

then buffed to the highest shine I could achieve... applied one coat of the Auto Finesse Tyre Gloss, waiting to apply another...

P1010670.jpg

P1010666.jpg

P1010671.jpg

P1010675.jpg

even waxed under the rear diffuser..

P1010676.jpg

also used the collinite of the wheels...

P1010668.jpg

also cleaned and waxed under the bonnet/boot etc

P1010672.jpg

P1010674.jpg

Literally just got back from looking at exactly the same car/reg/colour, as I am returning to the clio sport after getting shot of my 197. VERY impressed with it. They look so different in the flesh. Very sure ive made my mind up..... :smile:
Very nice car.

How can you keep it that clean in the winter? Ours was sparkling on Saturday and is now sporting a camouflage/brown look lol.

Literally just got back from looking at exactly the same car/reg/colour, as I am returning to the clio sport after getting shot of my 197. VERY impressed with it. They look so different in the flesh. Very sure ive made my mind up..... :smile:
Very nice car.

Cheers - you won't be disappointed. I think FF with Cup chassis is the way to go. I 100% agree as well with how they look in the flesh - pics don't do it justice at all! amazing body shape.

How can you keep it that clean in the winter? Ours was sparkling on Saturday and is now sporting a camouflage/brown look lol.

One word mate - garage.

To be fair I only use it at the weekend just lately as well.

1st Service (24 month) done at Renault at a reduced rate :thumbsup: - I know a couple of the engineers and they are decent guys which is good to know. Helps knowing the parts manager and the service guys too.:biggrin:

However i'll be glad when the warranty runs out as I'm not used to anyone working on my car other than me.

AIR FILTER 8200437229
OIL FILTER 8200768913
POLLEN FILTER 272775374R
ELF EVOLUTION SXR 5W-40 ENGINE OIL 7711275973/7711275972

Also paid half towards a replacement Jack (not that I use this but handy as a backup) - 8200386374

Good stuff that 845 lasts well to,I used 1 coat of auto finesse triple coat then 1 coat of collinite 845 which lasted right through the winter.

love the look of the Alibi:thumbsup:

Seems a long time to wait for a first service. But spose that's what Renault say.

I didn't think 2 years was right tbh mate until I checked, but that's what they go for now on the 200 - I would never leave a car that long usually if I was servicing it myself - but in this instance I have only covered 900 miles in the last 8 months since I have owned it :oops:and the car has only just hit 6k miles so I felt comfortable with the gap.

Good stuff that 845 lasts well to,I used 1 coat of auto finesse triple coat then 1 coat of collinite 845 which lasted right through the winter.

love the look of the Alibi:thumbsup:

Hi mate - yeah it seems like good stuff. It's easy to apply and take off. What's the auto finesse triple coat like? and is this good as a base coat then before the Collinite?

Looking good:thumbsup:

Cheers buddy. I was planning on a good clean and mini detail this week but the weathers buggered that up.