My Clio is giving me rage! Hazard lights now!

Oh god I am getting so stressed out at my car! It's not like it's even used that much!

When I turn the car off now the hazard lights come on and I can't turn them off, if you flicked the switch it usually turned it off! Now nothing will turn it off, I just flicked the switch and the whole thing disappeared into the centre console! I assume it must have been dodgy to start with as now the little plastic clip holding it in has broken off! So I disconnected the switch altogether and it's still doing it!

I can't get to the fuse as for some reason the fuse for it is up behind the dashboard.. What on earth is that about?

I lock the car and it just sits there with the lights flashing until it eventually flattens the battery

*mad face*

Already ordered a new switch.. I don't think that's what is causing it though but I will have one to try on Monday.

Can't get to the fuse without starting to take to the dashboard to bits.. Why would they make 4 rows viable but not the other 2?

Just waiting for the lads I am with to turn up in the van so I can disconnect the battery

I am also going to have to purchase whatever holds the hazard light switch in also now as its broken

I am at a hotel at the moment like.. I love my car but I am feeling pretty tested with it right now

Maybe you should get out in more and things might be better:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Are you referring to the ones in front of the battery Ryan (the large fuse looking things) i had a look at them but i had no idea which one had any connection to the hazards

Ah how can i identify which relay is the right one ?

I am going to have to go to a scrapyard maybe as well and replace whatever holds the hazard light switch in, is the centre console easy enough to get off ?

While your indicators are flashing have a look rounnd the relays and see which on is clicking? Is there any layout diagram on plastic covers for the fuses relays etc?

I had a look and there didn't seem to be... it was turning itself off when driving earlier today but this evening it would not turn off at all, taking the battery on and off has caused the alarm to have a blow out, had to drive back from Mansfield with all hazards flashing..

No not really, the new hazard light switch hasn't done anything.. waste of £10

Still sat on my drive looking sorry for itself, my dad and one of the guys who works for us had a go yesterday, had the dashboard out trying to see find out whats going on

Where is that located ?

Just had the boot latch to bits as well trying to see if that was full of water as that seems to be a common problem but it all seems fine

I cant identify which one it is.. none of the relays seems to be clicking that i can find, the only thing thats making any noise is the audible clicker behind the dials

it might not have a "flasher relay"....it could use the "body ecu" to provide the indicator function

alarm is in the boot n/s/r - this links in to the can bus sytem and the indicators - just a thought it could be causing the issue

Disconnecting the alarm stopped it! thank god for that!

How do i go about narrowing it down a bit more then ? or should i just try and get a second hand alarm unit from somewhere ?

Disconnecting the alarm stopped it! thank god for that!

How do i go about narrowing it down a bit more then ? or should i just try and get a second hand alarm unit from somewhere ?

alarms are "coded" to the car - once connected to the can-bue they are matched - well thats what it says on the fitting instructions - so assume its a new alarm is required!

or you could try unplugging the ultra sonics and then the other sensor wires one by one to see if its a faulty reading from an alarmed component of the car...