My Albi Blue 200

HarryJT97

Paid Member
So I thought I should start a progress thread, seeing as the car needed so much work doing to it when I bought it despite not having many miles, was just completely bodged by the previous owner with a massive lack of due care for the car.
So far on the car I have :
Fitted a new battery casing and all new Battery panels.
Fitted a new Acoustic valve as this was missing?
Fitted a new KTR panel filter, as well as the Airbox cover and tray as these were both missing.
Re fitted the bumper as someone hadn't attached it back on properly and wasn't sitting flush.
All new wheel arch liners as it was so low they had been rubbed away.
Re trimmed steering wheel and Gaitor from Royal steering wheels.
LED interior light upgrades.
New bolts in the engine bay as the previous ones had rusted, aswell as replacing a few bolts that were missing?
Cleaned the washer fluid bottle out as it had gone mouldy and stunk the car out every time I washed the windscreen.
Full stage 3 paint correction detail with a ceramic coating.
Fixed a heat shield rattle on the rear diffuser (but sheared a bolt off, new diffuser brackets are on order)
So that's all I've done in the past 2 months :smile:
Next few plans are to sort the radio out, new exhaust system and to tidy the engine bay up with some silicone hoses. Much more to come in the future though I'm sure!
Thanks for reading

Attachments

• IMG_2530.JPG
    IMG_2530.JPG
    315.8 KB · Views: 42
Great work there, must be pretty satisfying to bring it back to how it should. As for the previous owner, what a f*cking cowboy.
What exhaust system are you planning on fitting?

Reactions: HarryJT97
Looks great, best colour too :wink: It must be ridiculously low to be wearing away the arch liners, mine is pretty low on B14's and the liners are fine. Handling and general ride quality will be better if you raise it, definitely.

very good progress Harry..maintenance comes first.make sure the car is running sweet then the mods start kicking in :french:

Looking really good. Hats off to you for showing the car some love. Great photos too. Especially the first one.

Ps. When you add photos to your post you have an option to place the full image rather than just a thumbnail so it shows up in your post full size.

Great work there, must be pretty satisfying to bring it back to how it should. As for the previous owner, what a f*cking cowboy.
What exhaust system are you planning on fitting?
Yeah as annoying as it is to find all the bodged parts on the car it is massively satisfying to get it all back to factory condition. Forgot to add that I also changed the rear window rubbers and found that they had all been filled with silicone at some point as they had most likely been leaking Scorpion Non res exhaust system will be the one for me once the car is sorted ☺️

Looks great, best colour too :wink: It must be ridiculously low to be wearing away the arch liners, mine is pretty low on B14's and the liners are fine. Handling and general ride quality will be better if you raise it, definitely.
It is ridiculously low, rubs on absolutely everything! Well it did but now it sits a lot better :smile: hopefully no more running away the arches

Reactions: Sean197
Looks great mate. Did you do the paint correction yourself?
Unfortunately I'm not that skilled, neither do I trust myself with a machine polisher I have a friend who runs a Detailing company for Supercars so he did it for me, but looks absolutely mint now he did a fantastic job

Looking really good. Hats off to you for showing the car some love. Great photos too. Especially the first one.

Ps. When you add photos to your post you have an option to place the full image rather than just a thumbnail so it shows up in your post full size.

Thanks mate, hopefully she'll be mint again before she knows it ☺️Slowly but surely getting there Ah cheers didn't know that, will change that for next time!

Reactions: ///M
very good progress Harry..maintenance comes first.make sure the car is running sweet then the mods start kicking in :french:

Definitely mate! Can't believe how some people treat their cars She just needs some TLC! All before the mods come for sure

Reactions: Pav
Love the steering wheel colours Harry !

Yellow highlights go REALLY well with the rev-counter etc. Nice..... :smile:

I do agree with @Big Ben on the other thread in ref to 'less is more' on continuing.

'Highlights' as per your steering wheel would look lovely. IMO randomly spraying stuff block yellow or doing stuff for the sake of it wouldn't.

Easy to get carried away 'just because': and a fine balance at times between class and crass !!

Have fun buddy. Cars going great guns so far.... :smile:

Love the steering wheel colours Harry !

Yellow highlights go REALLY well with the rev-counter etc. Nice..... :smile:

I do agree with @Big Ben on the other thread in ref to 'less is more' on continuing.

'Highlights' as per your steering wheel would look lovely. IMO randomly spraying stuff block yellow or doing stuff for the sake of it wouldn't.

Easy to get carried away 'just because': and a fine balance at times between class and crass !!

Have fun buddy. Cars going great guns so far.... :smile:
Yeah no more of the interior is going Yellow Well apart from the Renault sport mats when they arrive. And I'm gonna do subtle bits under the engine bay with blue silicone hoses and some Carbon but I won't go overboard, been there done that with previous cars Hoping to keep it mainly standard and looking mint once again

Reactions: sevenfourate

Similar Thread Suggestions