My Albi 197 Progress Thread - Updated 25/10/10

engine bay looks nice Adam im just waiting for my hose covers to turn up as well.

i prefere the anthracite interior nice choice.

I love the interior. I could do with doing something to mine like this, the previous owner (it was the bloody Renault Leicester used car sales manager's car before I bought it) has cleaned the dash with something that has left nasty marks all over it! And they won't come off!

On a more important note, where did you get the stickers on the passenger side dash strip from, I really want some! Both the previous and new ones look good! We should organise meet up at some point with other West Mids folk, I'm not far from you, just the other side of Wolverhampton.

Thanks for the comments all, have a few more things on the way after being paid today :smile:

On a more important note, where did you get the stickers on the passenger side dash strip from, I really want some! Both the previous and new ones look good!

The sticker on the black strip I had made for me by someone who works with vinyl, sent him the design and he cut them for me. I had about 20 of them, but I've lost the rest :worried:

The one on the the new strip is there from factory I believe in the new 200's? It's more printed than a sticker, sure you could replicate it though...

Thanks for the comments all, have a few more things on the way after being paid today :smile:

The sticker on the black strip I had made for me by someone who works with vinyl, sent him the design and he cut them for me. I had about 20 of them, but I've lost the rest :worried:

The one on the the new strip is there from factory I believe in the new 200's? It's more printed than a sticker, sure you could replicate it though...

That's a shame! I'd really like one. Going to try and get one made somehow.

Bit of a change today! :wink:

imagepyq.jpg

Before:

lights001a.jpg

During: :001_unsure:

lights009a.jpg

After:

lights018b.jpg

Was dark by the time I finished so couldn't get any decent pics, but have the day off tomorrow so will pop out and get some if I have time.

Last edited:
You fitted some new head lights ?
Must be a Clio thing working in the dark just took my cup wing off for spraying tomoro.
Good work ,how long dit it take to take the front bumper cover off.

You fitted some new head lights ?
Must be a Clio thing working in the dark just took my cup wing off for spraying tomoro.
Good work ,how long dit it take to take the front bumper cover off.

Yea, upgraded to some projector lamps finally. Was too dark to get pics though at the end :worried:

The bumper came off in about half an hour, but the whole thing took about 4 hours to do!

I just changed to projectors 2 weeks back, makes a massive difference to the look doesn't it.

Definitely need to get some HIDs in them though, they're fantastic

Looking really gud mate u got hid's in them projectors yet

I just changed to projectors 2 weeks back, makes a massive difference to the look doesn't it.

Definitely need to get some HIDs in them though, they're fantastic

They look much better yea, I do have a 6k HID kit to fit into them, but I ran out of time and daylight to do them when I put the lights in.

Need to try and attempt to fit them without taking the bumper off again though cause I really can't be bothered!

hi mate, do you mind if i ask where you got them from and how much you paid?

Also how easy was it to fit the spoiler and what did it entail?

Last edited:
That looks so much better! I hate the standard headlights! lol! They really do transform the look of the car. Its looking really good now, that spoiler is very nice too! I love albi blue, was my second choice of colours after red when I was buying a 197.

Last edited:
hi mate, do you mind if i ask where you got them from and how much you paid?

Also how easy was it to fit the spoiler and what did it entail?

Got them from here mate http://www.allpartssouthwest.com/acatalog/Special_Offers__CLIO_Mk4_09_2005__664.html

Fantastic service, they came next day and were really well packaged.

I had the spoiler fitted by a local garage, so not sure what it entailed.

That looks so much better! I have the standard headlights! They really do transform the look of the car. Its looking really good now, that spoiler is very nice too! I love albi blue, was my second choice of colours after red when I was buying a 197.

Thanks Arran, I'm loving them and they are so much brighter at night already with some Philips Vision + bulbs in! HID's next...

Last edited: