My Albi 197 Progress Thread - Updated 25/10/10

looking good mate, u do the diffuser ureself? wtf are those hancooks? they look sick as well hmmmmmmmm

Cheers guys!

looking good mate, u do the diffuser ureself? wtf are those hancooks? they look sick as well hmmmmmmmm

Nah I wouldn't have attempted that myself lol, got it done at a bodyshop!

I got the hankooks after seeing them recommended on here and I'm very impressed with them for the price, £160 fully fitted for a pair :smile:

Diffuser looks brilliant Adam, does it still have the textured feel to it as it looks smooth, I cant really tell from the pics?

I wish I had known about those Hankooks before I bought Contis they look superb!

I love that diffuser, did they sand it down before they sprayed it?

Going to get mine done once funds are in place!

Loving the gloss black diffuser! How much did they charge you?> if you dont mind me asking?
So do you rate those hankooks then? need new tyres all round on mine? worth it?
Thanks

Cheers :biggrin:

Diffuser looks brilliant Adam, does it still have the textured feel to it as it looks smooth, I cant really tell from the pics?

I wish I had known about those Hankooks before I bought Contis they look superb!

It feels smooth to the touch, if you get up close you can just see the texture, but it would have cost loads more to get that sanded off first.

I love that diffuser, did they sand it down before they sprayed it?

Going to get mine done once funds are in place!

No sanding mate, just a lot of cleaning - apparently it was covered in silicon which took the bloke ages to remove lol

Loving the gloss black diffuser! How much did they charge you?> if you dont mind me asking?
So do you rate those hankooks then? need new tyres all round on mine? worth it?
Thanks

Cost £100 in total mate, not bad I thought! Definitely rate the hankooks as an alternative to contis

i do like that mate,

cracking jobby, are you going to do your wheels gloss black as well mate.

I was thinking about that craig, but might stick with the anthri for a bit yet, spent a bit too much on the motor recently lol

GOnna try get some better photos up later!

That looks so nice mate, nr on the same as a 200, all you need now is a nice milltek mate, those bolt of pipes look tiny.

Few small updates - added some blue hose covers to the engine bay:

iphone030.jpg

Also got hold of a complete set of anthracite interior bits, including air vents. Need to get the centre console re painted as it has a few scratches on it, but was a bargain really. Does anybody know the paint code for it??

Before:

iphone025f.jpg

After:

iphone029h.jpg

iphone031.jpg

iphone033.jpg

Opinions on the colour guys? I'm still a tad undecided....

Last edited: