My 200 cup deep black

Just a little update for you guys. Fitted the spax coilovers yesterday and my god what a difference! Both front springs had snapped so they definitely needed changing

At the moment I've left the settings as detailed in the instructions and i'd say for town driving they are perfect however I will be adjusting them before my ring trip next month!

All in all very satisfied with them so far and had minimal dramas with fitting so a big thumbs up for now

Next up is fitting the manifold, powerflex bushes and a revamp of the break system so plenty more still to do.... I'm keep you all posted any questions fire away guys .....

Reactions: ///M
Nice one mate - bet that's made a huge difference from standard and broken springs to adjustable coilies!!

Get some pictures up :smile:

Nice one mate - bet that's made a huge difference from standard and broken springs to adjustable coilies!!

Get some pictures up :smile:
Sorry guys I been really busy as of late so I haven't really had much time one here! It's not the greatest photo but you can see the difference!

20170421_060618.jpg

Having a bit of trouble setting them up though, after a bit more driving I've noticed that the tyres rub on the arch on heavy load, trying to adjust them is a nightmare to get right! After doing a bit more research I think it might be a case of changing the wheels☹ the wheels are 17x8 et35 which from what I've read is not too great? I have the original cup alloys which will need a respray but thinking just chuck them back on with new tyres.

Also another thing that is bugging me which I need opinions on really is the lower bolts on the rear shocks, as you can see there is more gap on one side but both bolts are fully tightened! Is this something I should be worried about or not really?
20170415_165106.jpg
20170415_165112.jpg

Reactions: Pav, ///M and Beany
No comment on the rear dampers mate, I wouldn't know, but would recommend Inspraytion in Rochester to get your wheels done. Check out my progress thread to see the job they did on mine - £50 a wheel.

Looking at a new set of wheels instead and the fitment is 17x7.5 et42. Would I get away with that in regards to rub on the arches?

Looking at a new set of wheels instead and the fitment is 17x7.5 et42. Would I get away with that in regards to rub on the arches?

You'd just about be ok.
This is 17x8 with 20mm spacers, so effectively et48 and it rubs like hell so no wonder yours does!
P1010049.jpg

So If that's effectively et48 wont the et42 ones im looking at rub even more or will I be ok as they are 7.5j?

So If that's effectively et48 wont the et42 ones im looking at rub even more or will I be ok as they are 7.5j?

That white one is lowered on coilovers as low as it'll go. As long as you don't go silly you should just about be ok

Im new to clios so font fully quote me but my mk1 golf rear shocks bolt the same with one bolt through the bottom and id be a little bit concerned they arent bolting flush, by the looks of it the shock could move side to side.

Are they original bolts? is there apace left in the tube? maybe try a washer either side of the strut.

Bolts arent cross threaded?

Ok so I've been away and busy lately so here's an update for you guys....
Fitted the new manifold after a few hours of pain and suffering but managed it in the end!
Fitted braided brake lines and new fluid and i must say they are worth every penny!
Got some new wheels eventually which I'm very happy with looks wise and no more arch rubbing!!
Took a trip to AmD tuning and had it mapped with the new manifold, it managed 201 from 195 which I wasn't overly chuffed about to be honest. Think I may take it back to be redone as it doesn't feel as pokey as it should be.

And finally to finish off my update I'm currently in Germany at the famous ring, it's heaven! Weather's up and down but it's still a fantastic experience, if you haven't gone yet I highly advise you do!

Here's a sneak peak I took yesterday with the stunning scenery!
20170513_185119.jpg

Great update. I'd personally take it to Engine Dynamics for a map, I hear he's really thorough. 201 is very healthy indeed considering the mods you have. Then again, the purpose of a remap should be improving drivability than out and out power. Interesting point about how it feels - you just 'know' when something is wrong. I've certainly been there recently!

Ok so I've been away and busy lately so here's an update for you guys....
Fitted the new manifold after a few hours of pain and suffering but managed it in the end!
Fitted braided brake lines and new fluid and i must say they are worth every penny!
Got some new wheels eventually which I'm very happy with looks wise and no more arch rubbing!!
Took a trip to AmD tuning and had it mapped with the new manifold, it managed 201 from 195 which I wasn't overly chuffed about to be honest. Think I may take it back to be redone as it doesn't feel as pokey as it should be.

And finally to finish off my update I'm currently in Germany at the famous ring, it's heaven! Weather's up and down but it's still a fantastic experience, if you haven't gone yet I highly advise you do!

Here's a sneak peak I took yesterday with the stunning scenery!
View attachment 19057
Those new wheels look amazing! The colour is spot on too and goes so well with black. What make are they?

Great update. I'd personally take it to Engine Dynamics for a map, I hear he's really thorough. 201 is very healthy indeed considering the mods you have. Then again, the purpose of a remap should be improving drivability than out and out power. Interesting point about how it feels - you just 'know' when something is wrong. I've certainly been there recently!
I'm going to take it back to amd as it shouldn't cost me anything to have it redone or at least looked At! If I get nowhere I will ask for a refund and go to engine dynamics.
Those new wheels look amazing! The colour is spot on too and goes so well with black. What make are they?
Thanks mate, they are proline pxf alloys 5x108 7.5j et45 from a german website called felgenoutlet, think they finish of the car nicely so I'm really chuffed!

Reactions: DS197
Those wheels are a massive upgrade! Looks like it's sitting really nicely now. More pics please! Are you running without spacers? Can we get the full specs?

:smile:

Great choice and nice to see something different that works so well.

The car sits perfectly since I've changed the wheels and had the suspension set up. Managed 3 laps at the ring today and 1 sighting lap to start. I've been several times before with the original cup set up and it's such a big improvement in the corners with the coilovers!
It's running no spacers just the wheels alone (5x108 7.5j et45)
this is the only other photo ive had time to take so far but more updates to come upon requests!
20170514_121809.jpg

Full specs as of yet are as follows:
Ktec induction kit
Toyosports manifold
Scorpions resonated cat back exhaust
Hel braided lines
Brembo standard on the front
Mintex pads on the rear
Mtec front and rear grooved and dimpled discs
Proline pxf alloys
Amd tuning remap (201.6 bhp)
Ktec uprated engine/gearbox mounts
Powerflex torque arm mount
Retrimmed steering wheel and gear knob from royal steering wheels
Upgraded pioneer head unit
Jbl component front speakers, rockford fosgate rears, vibe options underseat subwoofer (I like my sounds and the set up is perfect for me)
Armster armrest (worth every penny)
Little stickers here and there to finish it off
Possibly missed some other little touches I've added but all In all I'm happy with the end product!
Hope you all enjoy it the longgggg update!