My 200 cup deep black

Jamesb93

Gold Member
Ok so where do i start? I've been on the forum now for well over a year, popping on and off for tips and ideas of what to do on my little black beauty. but I've never gotten round to showing you all the working progress so here it goes.

So it started of life as your basic clio cup without any of the extras. To be truthful I didn't really do much research on the car before buying mine as i thought hey its only a little french car, what could go wrong?!! So I found one I liked the look of that seemed a good price and well looked after, I wanted one with the spoiler and recaro bucket seats which this had so I took the dive and bought it!

I've owned it now for almost 2 years and its been a gem from the moment i bought it! (except for your usual wear and tear jobbys)

What have i done since owning it??(I will try not to forget anything)
  • Japan racing alloys in bronze with goodyear eagle asym tyres
  • scorpion cat back resonated exhaust
  • Itg maxogen and samco 90 elbow hose (now changed to a ktec induction kit)
  • ktec remap (managed 204bhp)
  • ktec engine and gearbox mounts (fitted by previous owner)
  • mtec grooved and dimpled discs all round with mintex m1144 pads
  • re-trimmed steering wheel and gear knob and gaitor at royal steering wheels
  • armster armrest
  • removed cup back seats and replaced with half leather seats
  • JBL 13" component front speakers and rockford fosgate rear speakers with pioneer head unit
  • recaro seat cover(s) only use one on my seat as i come home dirty from work often
  • renault sport seat belt cover (nice little find on ebay a while back)
Whats next on the endless list of things to do?? (Bought the majority but not yet fitted)
  • FIX THE ANNOYING SAGGY GLOVE BOX
  • Toyosports manifold
  • powerflex road series bushes and mounts
  • spax rsx coilovers
  • Hel braided brake lines
  • seals to rebuild brembo brakes front and back (also going to respray them gold with black brembo logo)
  • pioneer underseat subwoofer
  • Another remap after the above is done (any recommendations for a south east company to do this would be much appreciated)
The 'Eventually i will get round to it jobs'
  • respray the front bumper
  • get some of the dash trims removed and sent off for dipping to match the dash strips
  • get the seats professionally cleaned up as they are getting a bit grubby now
  • get the recaro seat backs removed dipped in carbon effect
  • tart up the engine bay
Hoping to get all the above done before May 13th as I'm heading out on my third trip to the Nurburgring!! Which by the way if you haven't been yet you need to tick it off the bucket list, nothing else comes close to how awesome that place is!!!!

I cant think of much else to add as of yet but updates will come in time. Thanks for taking time to read, any advice and opinions welcome please! ENJOY!!!

20170330_135906[1].jpg 20170330_140051[1].jpg 20170330_140022[1].jpg 20170330_135951[1].jpg 20170330_121607[1].jpg 20170330_121617[1].jpg 20170330_121736[1].jpg 20170330_121759[1].jpg 20170330_121726[1].jpg

Last edited:
Nice James! Can't believe I haven't seen you around, I've had mine a year and am only down the road in Chatham.
Fancy popping along to the meet this Sunday?

Really nice 200 you've got there, and some choice mods too! Future plans sound good, especially the carbon dipped seat backs!

Nice James! Can't believe I haven't seen you around, I've had mine a year and am only down the road in Chatham.
Fancy popping along to the meet this Sunday?
thanks mate! I have not really seen many clio 197/200/200t around the medway towns to be honest. Of the top of my head i can think of a blue 197, a white 200 and a silver 200, that's it in the two years i've had mine! where is the meet happening? i will try and attend if i get the chance!

Really nice 200 you've got there, and some choice mods too! Future plans sound good, especially the carbon dipped seat backs!
cheers jimmy! There's a 'how to' section on removing the seat backs so eventually i will get round to it and send them off with all the other parts i'd like to get done, but i cant see it happening in the near future!

Reactions: Jimmy
Nice post James. Car looks mean in black!

Love the wheels. Nice to see something different

Keep the mods coming:grinning:

great write up..car looks great..why did you change over from ITG??
Cheers pav! my itg was looking a little worse for wear and I liked the look of the ktec kit, I thought the cold air feed attachment design was a good idea. And I can safely say I made the right decision it sounds awesome, feels more responsive in the lower rev range and looks good under the bonnet! Need to get the car mapped once I've have the manifold fitted to set it up nicely.

Reactions: Pav
ALL very-very nice James. Great spec. So far !!!

I particularly love the seat covers with the cut outs and Recaro branding. (Not sure if i've seen those before)

What make are they ?

Well you've been busy on the sly!

:smiley:

Great work James, car looks superb. Love the wheels, even if they are a bit pokey!

Looking forward to more.

Reactions: Jamesb93
thanks mate! I have not really seen many clio 197/200/200t around the medway towns to be honest. Of the top of my head i can think of a blue 197, a white 200 and a silver 200, that's it in the two years i've had mine! where is the meet happening? i will try and attend if i get the chance!

All 15 pages of this
Will be leaving mine at 8.15 on Sunday morning.

Reactions: ///M
ALL very-very nice James. Great spec. So far !!!

I particularly love the seat covers with the cut outs and Recaro branding. (Not sure if i've seen those before)

What make are they ?
I bought them on here a few months back! I think they are capital seating covers and I'm sure I read somewhere that you can pay extra for the recaro badge to be added on

yeah get it mapped...where will you take it??
I've heard good things about twotechs in Dartford but open to suggestions if you know anywhere in the south east?

All 15 pages of this
Will be leaving mine at 8.15 on Sunday morning.
As good as that sounds i have plans Sunday! I assumed it was a static meet so I will have to pass on that one I'm afraid:disappointed:

Nice car James, I'm loving the alloys. Make sure you choose a good hydrodipper for the seat backs I had mine done and wasn't happy (but I am a fussy bugger!) :smile:

Nice car James, I'm loving the alloys. Make sure you choose a good hydrodipper for the seat backs I had mine done and wasn't happy (but I am a fussy bugger!) :smile:

Cheers mate! Im very much the same so if you have any suggestions of where to go, that would be helpful?