My 200...an old friend...

Excellent Kev, no wonder you're so chuffed, they do look great! As above, a big week for the car! We all manage to find the money eventually, no matter what comes along :smile:

Reactions: kevlar
Ok so little update finally picked my car up last night from Max at MS Custom Engineering Frome car went to him for a few upgrades, I am in no way affiliated with him, but I have to say he really does have a really good attention to detail and is a bit of a perfectionist and I really do recommend him check out his website www.mscustomengineering.co.uk .

Only have a few photos waiting on him to send some across the in process photos hopefully later today.

Work completed:

4 wheels refurbed.
Black PTI bolts fitted.
New discs & pads all round.
Painted disc centres to help avoid corrosion.
Front calipers rebuilt
Alarm bracket painted & fit.
Silicone hose fitted to fair feed.

So first off had my steering wheel refurbed in alcantara also the gaiter...i'm so impressed with the wheel, having never had an alcantara wheel it just makes such a difference and would recommend it to all..please excuse how dirty it is inside shes been sat in his workshop for a week so lots of dust.

wheel.jpg

@sevenfourate finally got my alarm bracket fitted & finished in red love it nice little touch - thanks again.

alarm.jpg

And a final engine bay shot..

bay.jpg

Will add some photos of the brakes upgrades later...all in all very, very happy boy!.

Looks lovely, Kev - I really like that engine bay. Seeing quite a few of these refurbed wheels being done now, they do look really good!

Looks lovely, Kev - I really like that engine bay. Seeing quite a few of these refurbed wheels being done now, they do look really good!
Will get some photos up soon as I can, mine were pretty good just a few small marks nothing bad - with the black TPI bolts fitted it just finishes the blackness of my wheels...very happy.

EDIT just realised you meant steering wheel!!!, im an idiot, yeh alcantara everything you can it just feel so good.

Amazingly my original wheel is in excellent condition, I managed to find a cheap one in need of refurb to return to Jack so still have mine - need to decide if I should keep it or sell it...

Reactions: Jimmy and Pav
You say "new brakes" and then say "brake upgrade"

Have I missed something or are there some important photos missing? :smiley:

Well done going full alcantara on the wheel. So the right way to go!

Great update.

Reactions: kevlar and Pav
You say "new brakes" and then say "brake upgrade"

Have I missed something or are there some important photos missing? :smiley:

Well done going full alcantara on the wheel. So the right way to go!

Great update.

I was doing this at work, so a bit against the clock today! - brake upgrade explains it better, Brembo HC on front with Ferodo DS1.11 pads and caliper rebuilt with mr pink pins, rear are K Tec black edition discs with DS2500 pads...it now stops...pictures to follow.

Last edited:
So it's been a while, no real mods to talk of since my brake upgrade...

I have since fully detailed the 200 sorry no photos, it was not to bad, but some of the swirls were killing me inside so thats all done to the best of my ability its not perfect though, so now sits with 2 layers of Gyeon MOHS coating over it to help keep it clean.

So just a small update on some upcoming mods...

So on my list of things to do was to change the silver vents, speaker surrounds and gear gaiter surrounds want to go gloss black keep things low key, I want to keep my original silver ones if/when I sell they car it can be put back to standard if required.

So been waiting for a cheap set of spares to turn up for sell finally won some on ebay so shots below of the spares ready to be sprayed, sadly I am being dicked around by a seller regards the gear gaiter surround so may have to keep searching for a spare.

As soon as I get them sprayed up will add some finished photos, not to exciting, but its an update.

speaker.jpg
vents.jpg

And I must say a thanks to @Sean197 for keeping me awake every night with his comment he made about my white sticker in my engine bay, I used it as I only had 1 small red sticker which was used in the inlet cover - I was happy with it, then every time I cleaned my engine bay since your comments been eating away at me slowly, so finally sorted another red sticker and here it is...sometimes its the little things in life.

carbon.jpg

Oh and one last small note, thanks to @BenAG200 I now have a set of AST Coilovers with solid top mounts waiting to be added to the 200, as its quite an expensive upgrade I'm holding off having them fitted for a bit due to my MOT is due 1st october, so will be having it tested next week (4th Sept) just in case there are any issues.

Also I am trying to work out first if its a worthy upgrade to add a rear arb and front lower brace when I have the coilovers fitted also can I afford to add these to ! - any thoughts on that would be great, seems a good time to do it and while there is a small discount available from Ultra via the forum.

a small update you call this..epic news on the suspension man!!have them fitted asap..
you just reminded me that i could spray my palsticky bits round speakers etc..hmm..will see..

great update:thumb::thumb:

a small update you call this..epic news on the suspension man!!have them fitted asap..
you just reminded me that i could spray my palsticky bits round speakers etc..hmm..will see..

great update:thumb::thumb:

Its been on my things to do list for ages, seeing @Benno996 oem black ones confirmed the silver has to go!

Reactions: Benno
"not much progress" at the start and then "oh yeah I bought some AST coilovers..."

:smiley:

Superb purchase mate. You'll be VERY happy with them I'm sure! When are they getting fitted?

Well the only progress on them is they are sat in a box and i'm skint - damn Ben selling all is parts at the wrong time.

Well as said regards fitting i'm holding off until MOT is all done just in case.

Plus would really like to sort an Ultra rear arb etc ready to have fitted same time.

Well the only progress on them is they are sat in a box and i'm skint - damn Ben selling all is parts at the wrong time.

Well as said regards fitting i'm holding off until MOT is all done just in case.

Plus would really like to sort an Ultra rear arb etc ready to have fitted same time.

Yeah I thought that makes sense mate. Roll on fitting day. It's going to feel amazing trust me!

Reactions: Pav