My 197 journey

Hi everyone,

I've owned my 197 for 6 months now, I've slowly modified it since purchase and I have recently started doing track days.

My history is more with Japanese cars but I have been bitten by the Renault Sport bug despite having a few gremlin's.

Attachments

• IMG_5906.JPG
    IMG_5906.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5870.JPG
    IMG_5870.JPG
    299.2 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Sean197
Welcome along, glad you're enjoying the car. What mods have you done/do you want to do?

Reactions: Conrad
Welcome to the forum Conrad! Yep, addictive little cars! You should start a project thread and get us up to speed with the work you've done!

Nice intro mate.

Love the pics. The lighting in the first one really shows off the Nimbus paintwork and the R27 graphics look great against it.

Second shot at Oulton is just classic.

Nice start :thumb:

Welcome along, glad you're enjoying the car. What mods have you done/do you want to do?

I bought the car with a poly bushed engine, uprated manifold and drilled and grooved disc's.

I have since added the R27 rep graphics, Black Renault badges, Facelift rear lights, H&R springs, Wheel stud conversion, Renault Sport exhaust trims and a Ram air panel filter.

I've got some Renault Silverstones powder coated in Porsche Viper Green with 225/45/17 Nankang NS2R waiting to go on, I will be uprating my pads this month along with adding a Cup spoiler

Attachments

• IMG_5903.JPG
    IMG_5903.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to the Nut-house hope you're enjoying your wee beastie what tracks have you done

Currently I have only done Oulton Park but I have got Bedford booked for the 3rd April. I'm planning on doing Donnington, Cadwell and The Nurburgring before ending the year back in Oulton.

I would have everything booked but I need to get this lot of track prep out of the way first.

I bought the car with a poly bushed engine, uprated manifold and drilled and grooved disc's.

I have since added the R27 rep graphics, Black Renault badges, Facelift rear lights, H&R springs, Wheel stud conversion, Renault Sport exhaust trims and a Ram air panel filter.

I've got some Renault Silverstones powder coated in Porsche Viper Green with 225/45/17 Nankang NS2R waiting to go on, I will be uprating my pads this month along with adding a Cup spoiler

Oooh! Love those viper green wheels!